Fullscreen broken on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

• Fullscreen broken on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Hello,

I've just updated my system from Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (xenial) to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (bionic) and since then, I was not able to launch Cattle & Crops anymore (installed with Steam).
    Scenario:
    • Launch Steam
    • In Cattle & Crops, click Play
    • Screen is going black and goes back to Gnome Desktop Manager since session crashed
    The issue seems actually to be related to full screen display since I'm able to launch the game is it's in windowed mode.
    To do this, you can edit /home/user/.cattle-and-crops/Engine/engine.cfg file to set windowed mode by changing line

Source Code

1. Variable (name = "displayFull") {string {"1"}}

to

Source Code

1. Variable (name = "displayFull") {string {"0"}}

System:

Source Code

1. CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz
    2. GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 (drivers 3.3.0 NVIDIA 390.48)
  • Good to know, thanks for reporting!

Theoretically, Cattle and Crops shouldn't even be able to crash the whole session (but only itself) - that it apparently does is probably a bug in X.org/Wayland or the GPU driver.

Do you know whether it uses Wayland or X.org?
    Can you tell us a bit more about your setup? How many displays are connected to that PC, and what's their resolution?
  • I'm using only 1 display at 1920x1080 resolution (monitor resolution=desktop resolution=game resolution)
    My system has been updated from several ubuntu releases so maybe it could work on Ubuntu fresh install.
    Ubuntu 18.04 uses xorg instead of Wayland, compared to 17.10.
    I've not seen anything interesting in c&c logs

PS: I run FS17 in fullscreen on this setup without problem, like before upgrading from 16.04 to 18.04, using Steam client with wine (PlayOnLinux). For C&C I use Linux native Steam client.