AI controlled vehicles in Cattle and Crops

• roadrunner wrote:

really just hope the AI works here the other game we all know cant figure it out
      In the FAQ it states one of CnC's members had something to do with the mod "CoursePlay" for FS. So I guess the AI can be somewhat reliable if that person is bringing that knowledge to this game.
      What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
      Farming on FS17 and Testing CnC Tech Demo!
      "PC"
      Display Spoiler
      -Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H
      -Intel i7 3770K Quad Core 3.5gHz-3.9gHz
      -16GB RAM
      -MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
      -Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB
      -Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
      -Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
      -Samsung SyncMaster B2240
    • Most interesting part will also be the AI Shifting, and if it is limited like in FS with Gearboxaddon...
      Mit freundlichen Grüßen MB-M@x von Schwabenmodding.de

PS An alle Nutzer der Kommentar-"Gefällt mir"-Funktion, die eine negative Wertung zu einem meiner Kommentare abgeben möchten: Bitte schreibt eine Begründung solange ich keine beleidigende oder verletzende Aussage getroffen habe, die Qualität meiner Kommentare rechtfertigt eine begründete Stellungnahme! Danke im Voraus.
    • the most interesting part of that gif, is the headland being used for turning, as in other videos of AI working.

I still find it odd that the cultivator is running before the plough though, given the Juwel 8 3+1N plough has skimmers, the main use of skimmers is turning manure, thick slurry, maize storks or grass sod into the furrow bottom ahead of the main body/mouldboard.
    • b101uk wrote:

the most interesting part of that gif, is the headland being used for turning, as in other videos of AI working.

I still find it odd that the cultivator is running before the plough though, given the Juwel 8 3+1N plough has skimmers, the main use of skimmers is turning manure, thick slurry, maize storks or grass sod into the furrow bottom ahead of the main body/mouldboard.
      I don't think that is quite the point of the gif ;).... lets just pretend the cultivator is chopping up the corn stubble or canola stubble something like that :D
    • Eisotope wrote:

Will the AI be assigned via a menu like Farm Expert or at the field like Farm Sim? If the Farm Expert route is taken make sure it doesn't close after each and every assignment...

Otherwise;

Can't Wait!!!!
      I would imagine it would be done in a menu cause driving to a field and then a magical worker appearing in you seat to do the job isnt very realistic.
      So i imagine you will hire a worker and you can then set work for him to do for example - plough fields 1, 2 and 8. And he will drive from the yard to field 1 start ploughing maybe stop for lunch and then at night at 5 (or later if told to) drive back home to the yard and go home and so forth until field 8 is done.
      But how well will it work or not work for tasks like feeding animals or rolling the silage pit or spreading muck maybe even filling grain trailers with a bucket from a large store I think thats maybe pushing it a bit that would be one heck of a complicated AI system and certainly would blow every other game out of the water ....
    • JohnKalel wrote:

Eisotope wrote:

Will the AI be assigned via a menu like Farm Expert or at the field like Farm Sim? If the Farm Expert route is taken make sure it doesn't close after each and every assignment...

Otherwise;

Can't Wait!!!!
      I would imagine it would be done in a menu cause driving to a field and then a magical worker appearing in you seat to do the job isnt very realistic.So i imagine you will hire a worker and you can then set work for him to do for example - plough fields 1, 2 and 8. And he will drive from the yard to field 1 start ploughing maybe stop for lunch and then at night at 5 (or later if told to) drive back home to the yard and go home and so forth until field 8 is done.
      But how well will it work or not work for tasks like feeding animals or rolling the silage pit or spreading muck maybe even filling grain trailers with a bucket from a large store I think thats maybe pushing it a bit that would be one heck of a complicated AI system and certainly would blow every other game out of the water ....
      March better hurry here.
      Farm Simulator makes me sad :(

They should release more teasers!!!
    • FarmerDan wrote:

roadrunner wrote:

really just hope the AI works here the other game we all know cant figure it out
      In the FAQ it states one of CnC's members had something to do with the mod "CoursePlay" for FS. So I guess the AI can be somewhat reliable if that person is bringing that knowledge to this game.
      yes i have heard thet before.. i also the other evening read that the guys who made auto combine is on board with there mod for C&C we can only hope its all for real :D :D
      RoadrunnerR74 on steam if anyone want to know n :love: :thumbsup:
    • roadrunner wrote:

FarmerDan wrote:

roadrunner wrote:

yes i have heard thet before.. i also the other evening read that the guys who made auto combine is on board with there mod for C&C we can only hope its all for real :D :D
      Yeah, Jakob Tischler Is one of the 3 original devs of courseplay and the project manager of CNC.
    • that is for sure, but fs ai can't even handle every squarefield

PS An alle Nutzer der Kommentar-"Gefällt mir"-Funktion, die eine negative Wertung zu einem meiner Kommentare abgeben möchten: Bitte schreibt eine Begründung solange ich keine beleidigende oder verletzende Aussage getroffen habe, die Qualität meiner Kommentare rechtfertigt eine begründete Stellungnahme! Danke im Voraus.
    • taigcris wrote:

niklasohlsson wrote:

Found this on youtube.
      Live stream C&C today??
      Probably fake cause there has been no announcment or did I read it wrong.
      Evidently, is false. Why would they use a totally unknown channel instead of using their official channel?
      In addition, are still preparing the internal testing phase, there are
      still several weeks at least before publishing the version in EA
      This is Farm Simulator 17 [FS17] or Landwirtschafts Simulator 17 [LS17], the German designation for the game is what is displayed in this video. Looking at the actual tilling of the soil it is the MS Paint equivalent of farming with the terrain just changing from one tile to another tile. Each step such as plowing, cultivation, and seeding has four different tiles to adjust for the directions; horizontal, vertical, and two 45 degree angles.

CnC on the other hand looks to have active land deformation more closely related to Farming Expert 17. FE17 was a turd; they attempted to beat FS17 to the punch for the year but missed on several crucial steps including making sure the tractors wouldn't sink into solid asphalt. They are trying to patch the game but with all of the bugs they have lost sales and even had many refunds.

Not going to lie, as it is obvious. I am rooting for CnC to beat Giants Software. Giants have become lazy as they just added more machines to FS15 and sold it off as FS17.

Huge thanks to the CnC Team and the many Supporters of CnC!
      Can't wait for March!
    • @taigcris:

taigcris wrote:

Evidently, is false. Why would they use a totally unknown channel instead of using their official channel?
      In addition, are still preparing the internal testing phase, there are
      still several weeks at least before publishing the version in EA
      They are a group of players who have bought EA and are only talking about whishes and shown things in videos & material from MBB.
      So more like a fangroup ;)

• masterbrain wrote:

Did you know? All vehicles in our gameplay trailer are controlled by our AI workers.

We are currently working on a devlog video showcasing AI features in Cattle and Crops.

If you really get this right, you will IMMEDIATELY set your game apart from your competitors...who have messed this feature up year after year. Please, work to really get this right. If you do not, I predict the backlash will sting pretty badly.
    • So I have watched every single CnC video several times but there was always something bothering me about the dev log: AI controlled vehicles:

At around 1:42 you see the mb trac driving with what looks like an empty trailer and then the deutz fahr with a big silage trailer filled with silage. When they meet the deutz fahr with the trailer, gave way for the mb trac which I think is a bit odd because in my world the smallest/lightest vehicle should and usually always give way to the bigger vehicle if possible, there of course be obstacles like hedges or deep trenches that prevent the smaller machines from giving way, but usually they always do because the smaller machine is less likely to get stuck and if it does get stuck it's easier to pull out a 5 ton vehicle than a 40 ton vehicle

So what I'm wondering, do you think this is something the AI will eventually be able to take into account when meeting other machines, or is it just random?

How about where you are from? do you guys give way to bigger/heavier machines than yours or do you want them to do it?

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Jeytav wrote:

So I have watched every single CnC video several times but there was always something bothering me about the dev log: AI controlled vehicles:

At around 1:42 you see the mb trac driving with what looks like an empty trailer and then the deutz fahr with a big silage trailer filled with silage. When they meet the deutz fahr with the trailer, gave way for the mb trac which I think is a bit odd because in my world the smallest/lightest vehicle should and usually always give way to the bigger vehicle if possible, there of course be obstacles like hedges or deep trenches that prevent the smaller machines from giving way, but usually they always do because the smaller machine is less likely to get stuck and if it does get stuck it's easier to pull out a 5 ton vehicle than a 40 ton vehicle

So what I'm wondering, do you think this is something the AI will eventually be able to take into account when meeting other machines, or is it just random?

How about where you are from? do you guys give way to bigger/heavier machines than yours or do you want them to do it?

I see where your coming from in terms of vechile weight. It can appear to be the case here in the south of the uk (sometimes)

In some circumstances, you may find the bigger heavier vechile has less distance to reverse. Tight laybays also apply down here so that would throw in vechile manoeuvrability. So I would say it comes down to the drivers courtesy and common sense in these parts.

Personally to involve that kind of behaviour I think that maybe getting slightly to complicated for the game. I guess C&C have to draw the line somewhere , but we shall see!!
    • @Jeytav
      You're right.
      But if you look to the left, you will see that the terrain falls off. (The trees and maize in background.)
      And the trailer wobbles so strong. I do not think it is empty. The taskplaner says : Transport common wheat.
      So if you look to the right you will see that the bottom to the right is not plan.
      The ground on the other side is flat.
      So it is easier or better if the deutz leaves the street.

Thats my imho

Hofhund

EDIT:
      I have watched the video again.
      The bottom right is not as rough as I first thought.
      But the terrain still falls off. :)
      Gruß Hofhund

Ryzen5 1600X, MSI GTX1050TI, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming, bequit PurePower 10 600W, HyperY Predator 3GHz DDR4 16GB, Samsung Evo 850 256GB

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hofhund ().

• Paul91 wrote:

Personally to involve that kind of behaviour I think that maybe getting slightly to complicated for the game. I guess C&C have to draw the line somewhere , but we shall see!!
      True, it would make the general coding more complicated, but it would still add a bit more to realism ;)

Hofhund wrote:

@Jeytav
      You're right.
      But if you look to the left, you will see that the terrain falls off. (The trees and maize in background.)
      And the trailer wobbles so strong. I do not think it is empty. The taskplaner says : Transport common wheat.
      So if you look to the right you will see that the bottom to the right is not plan.
      The ground on the other side is flat.
      So it is easier or better if the deutz leaves the street.

Thats my imho

Hofhund

EDIT:
      I have watched the video again.
      The bottom right is not as rough as I first thought.
      But the terrain still falls off. :)
      Yes, the terrain is falling a bit and there is also less distance between the road and the field on the MB side compared to the deutz fahr. I also saw the trailer on the MB erhm wobbling a bit which could lead one to believe it had some grain in it, I just decided that it was some physics that was having a few problems there :)

This is just me nitpicking at some minor details, but that's also some of the fun and also a great way to see what other people see etc and it's also nice to just talk a bit about other things than the big subject that's on all our minds atm.

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Jeytav, interesting question .....

I'm smiling at the question here because this is the first time such detail even makes sense to ask about ....

My opinion is that I don't think there is a rule that can be employed universally. Each case will need it's own solution.

Who gives way to whom is usually random in reality.
      I reckon MBB may well make it appear pseudo-random in game. Success trumps hierarchy at the end of the day.

Side note: Any times I've met farm traffic, it' been a case where both of us are looking for an opportunity to make room for the other. It soon becoming clear who is going to do the make room bit and who get's to "give 'er lolly" to get past. Next time around, rinse and repeat and expect you'll be making room this time.

My experience with non farm traffic has been different but largely no drama. (no them vs us argument intended there, just calling it)

My vote is that as long as the AI can navigate without getting hung up, as is suggested in the dev log then we're golden.

We all know the frustration of having to get Bob the egiot out of the damn tree ,,, again !!!!!
      Go Handy & Give 'er Lolly
    • Love all your responses and yes in the real world you will kinda figure out who ends up having to give way the most but in my experience it's usually the smaller vehicles that ends up giving way, not to say I never give way when I'm driving in a big tractor, if I can see an option to do it without risking getting stuck because the ground it too wet or risk tipping over. There are of course also those who would rather play chicken than pull over and risk getting a bit of dirt on their tires.

I spent a ton of hours driving around with this tractor and trailer moving tons of equipment

AgriMax1998 wrote:

I just Hope the base Game includes some Curved Fields and not just perfect square and rectangle fields. if thats the case I hope that the workers will actually work them properly following the curves unlike FS Workers
      Let me point you to this image of the CnC map:

But again nice to see so many lovely responses. :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jeytav ().

• Down where I work we have a lot of arable farms near by. And they hate getting there tractors dirty - it only on the rare occasion that they have pulled over or reversed back for me to get through (lanes in Cornwall barely fit one big tractor, so its a squeeze sometimes) It always happened when I was driving my 6070 down the most narrow part with the grain trailer on.
      Feed the World... One Field At a Time :thumbsup:

CnC Roadmap sorted by Milestones