Roadmap

• +1 for the Mod note.

That MBB have this open and supportive attitude is fantastic.

There are two main sides to the topic on Mods .... (I mostly live in #2)

1) the mod builder
      2) the mod user

1) The mod builders are unsung heros of any sim community. Their work is valued highly and it can often make the difference between an OK experience and and awesome one. These folks would surely value a mechanism to be able highlight and showcase their mods in a protected and controlled way.

2) The mod users are the vast majority and all value the modders more than we ever get to even say. These folks would surely value that same mechanism where by we can access honest mods that have a level of quality that makes for reliable game/sim play but also allows us to know from at least that the mods are safe and who made them. Internet dl sites are always a worry and this will continue to be the case and surely get worse.

An example of a very good system is SCS and ETS2 and ATS if a reference is needed. There are others too.

It is early days I know, but MBB already have been long aware (and have repeated confirmation just above) that mods are an vital component for the long term success of any simulation product. I hope that MBB can consider the investment it would need to make to facilitate such a mechanism briefly described above.

The cost and resource needed is not zero. On the other hand, mods literally expand the product and giving CnC regular new content based off the efforts and goodwill of the mod community will surely more than cover any costs with the new sales, future DLCs and expansions driven out of reputation and community engagement.

Just my thoughts

S!
      Go Handy & Give 'er Lolly

The post was edited 1 time, last by JackWall ().

• xxninjaxx25 wrote:

I looked at the road map and all of the tabs are 70% or higher. Does that mean there should be a EA already for the game?

each of those main features on the roadmap has its own drop downs with several separate features separated in to their own milestones. All of those (for ms1) need to reach 70% as well, my last count was around five or six stages still set to hit, around July I believe we can expect EA.
      Patience is the key, everyone's done well waiting for this since C&C first come around a couple years ago. Only a couple weeks left now it will be worth it.
    • I agree @JackWall it would be nice if they hosted mods themselves in the form of modding partners, speaking of which there is a section down the bottom of website home page where you can access modding and media partners so maybe they are already looking at doing something like this.

If they go this route then obviously there would be some sort of quality standard involved to becoming a modding partner. It guarantees a way for the original modder to be recognised and credited for their excellent work.

I am also a fan of having an inbuilt modding download page for these approved "modding partners" inside the game for its ease of use. It would work similar to steam workshop where by if a mod is updated then the game automatically downloads the update and installs it for you.

If we can't have that then I hope we can have steam workshop for the steam version of the game at least.

Just my opinion.

• Partnered modders sound like a good idea and a way to ensure some kind of stamp of approval of mods, but also nod in the direction of the best modders/mod teams.

I'm sure modders are close to the dev teams hearts, since they themselves started out as modders and they will do everything in their power to make sure modders are respected and get the credit they deserve.
    • Vanquish081 wrote:

It is late May and early access was for March ...

other thing, What happens with modding tutorial? Is 0% yet.
      June sometime is the release of EA. They released a video on the 13th May cattleandcrops.com/en/news/12609. Watch right to the end of the video, the cat is the news.

It seems to me modding tutorials, while part of MS1, will not stop the release of the EA.
      What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
      Farming on FS17 and Testing CnC Tech Demo!
      "PC"
      Display Spoiler
      -Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H
      -Intel i7 3770K Quad Core 3.5gHz-3.9gHz
      -16GB RAM
      -MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
      -Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB
      -Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
      -Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
      -Samsung SyncMaster B2240
    • Not that I want to burst your bubble but even if they get the last 6 milestones ready for a june release there is still the issue concerning the graphical glitch that affects all nvidia users using patch 381.xx and 382.xx atm. There are 3 solutions to this problem.

1 Nvidia fixes the glitch and everyone is happy.
      2 MBB makes an edit to the game engine that fixes the problem with a temporary
      3 All nvidia users rollback to a 378.xx driver that doesn't have the glitch.

Personally I wouldn't mind rolling back to a previous build of the driver. Rather that than having to wait even longer for the EA because of this glitch

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • OlaHaldor wrote:

=O what would it take to get a code?

I d'on't have more informations about this.

-----

It will be easier to be patient for the next milestones when we already have the game in our hands and I also hope that we will have the game as fast as possible, but it's imporant to remember this, from the Kickstarter page :

MBB wrote:

Cattle and Crops is a very complex software project, and as such, can oftentimes entail unforeseen bugs and issues. Finding and fixing those can be very time consuming and sometimes even cause a delay in the schedule. We have already calculated some extra time for possible problems like this in our roadmap - but it could mean that we can’t deliver each milestone on the exact promised date.

Without successful funding we would have to find an investor to finish the game in time. This would cause definite delays, and could mean we’d have to change our plans/politics (loss of creative control), or we’d be forced to release an unfinished game because of a random deadline.
    • Jeytav wrote:

Display Spoiler
      Not that I want to burst your bubble but even if they get the last 6 milestones ready for a june release there is still the issue concerning the graphical glitch that affects all nvidia users using patch 381.xx and 382.xx atm. There are 3 solutions to this problem.

1 Nvidia fixes the glitch and everyone is happy.
      2 MBB makes an edit to the game engine that fixes the problem with a temporary
      3 All nvidia users rollback to a 378.xx driver that doesn't have the glitch.

Personally I wouldn't mind rolling back to a previous build of the driver. Rather that than having to wait even longer for the EA because of this glitch

Gotto go with #3 here too in terms of a short term solution.

@mmmBetty Good points also on the steam workshop regarding mods and yes, having some sort of quality bar (read this as a common sense thing and not some sort of elitist thing) hopefully is something MBB can support and maybe even implement.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JackWall ().

• NorthernDave wrote:

+1 For just doing the driver roll back as well. We also don't know if all Nvidia cards or just the couple that MBB has access to.
      Pretty much every single Nvidia card that uses a driver version higher than 378.xx

From the creators of the C4 engine used for CnC

Edit the screenshot i posted was taken on my own pc using the demo version of the engine, with the latest driver(382.33)

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram

The post was edited 2 times, last by Jeytav ().

• I personally would be surprised if that desicion is taken to roll back to a previous/adequate driver.
      On behalf of myself and probably others out there I'm not completely clued up when it comes to knowing the in and outs of computers and reading that made me slightly anxious.
      I'm not sure I would know where to start to reverse something like that, it may well be a simple task I wouldn't no.
      I guess if that is the only solution I think C&C would have to back that decision with a tutorial or give us less technically minded some info on the how to.
      My next point would there be a cost to carry out this change??
      The computer illiterates out there reading this may well laugh :)
    • Paul91 wrote:

I personally would be surprised if that desicion is taken to roll back to a previous/adequate driver.
      On behalf of myself and probably others out there I'm not completely clued up when it comes to knowing the in and outs of computers and reading that made me slightly anxious.
      I'm not sure I would know where to start to reverse something like that, it may well be a simple task I wouldn't no.
      I guess if that is the only solution I think C&C would have to back that decision with a tutorial or give us less technically minded some info on the how to.
      My next point would there be a cost to carry out this change??
      The computer illiterates out there reading this may well laugh :)
      *literates* Us illiterates wouldn't laugh cause we haven't a clue how to roll back poo... ;)
      No this isnt going to happen No way is a Professional company going to release an EA that requires you to roll back your drivers to a previous version. It just isn't going to happen there is way way too many people who just don't know the in's and out's of the technical workings of a computer.
      So however EA plays out it will be after nvidia fixes this bug.
      It's not MBB fault it's just one of those things it happens time to time.
    • This is not the first time a graphics card driver has had a few issues and if this issue is already public, i expect it to get solved sooner rather than later. As @Paul91 notes, it's not yet June and MBB likely won't release EA until is it fixed.

That all said, EA is not a full game and it could well be released with the caveat of a roll back if things were to drag on ... I speculating of course so I'll say no more. For anyone not o fey with what is involved, even-though it's not really all that big a thing for some. me included, I appreciate it's a bit of deal for others.

We have some weeks still to go in all likelyhood so here's hoping for the best

Baz, you're still around ... glad to see ... Lol?
    • First post after lurking for quite a bit (sorry)
      Always kept my Nvidia drivers up to date for a while, then noticed various little glitches. Rolled back the driver to the last stable version and left it there. Will not worry about drivers until such time as we have something to test them on.

Like the rest of us I am waiting for the release of EA but NO amount of talking or guessing will make it be here any sooner.
      Tony.

P.S. for those that worry about rolling back drivers, DON`T it is quite easy . I am sure if the need arises, you only have to ask on here .
    • I always keep my pc up to date with drivers but I never update to a new driver until I'm sure it wont hurt my pc. I learned that the hard way a year or so ago when nvidia released a driver that "broke" my because I was using more than one monitor which meant I had to start the pc in safe mode then uninstall the driver and rollback to the previous one. So since then I'm more careful.

When it comes to rolling back to a previous driver is as easy as uninstalling and installing a game. You uninstall the driver, restart the pc and then install the driver you want to use.

I also want to say that I tested this bug on the demo a few weeks ago and found out the I had to rollback to 378.66 before the glitch vanished.

I know that this is not the optimal way to do it but they did say there is the possibility to rollback or that they make a work around in the engine them selves but that will take time. So they are definitely thinking about asking people to rollback and I'm pretty sure that they'll go for that option if nvidia hasn't released a new driver that fixed that glitch, (I honestly don't think it's nvidia's top priority, because if it was I'm pretty sure it would've been fixed by now. I mean they got some of the best programmers out there) and they wont be able to make a fix in a timely manner.

Source: cattleandcrops.com/en/news/12609

Speaking directly to @masterbrain I would say that if the EA is ready before nvidia releases a fix or before you can make a viable fix then it's better to just release the EA and ask people to rollback to satisfy the masses with a tutorial on how to do it and then either keep working on a fix in the engine until nvidia releases a fix or just focus on the game and hope that nvidia will get around to fixing this issue(although I haven't seen the issue mentioned under the "known issues" in any of the patch notes yet)

There will be people who aren't too sure about the whole rolling back a graphics driver but I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of members in here who are willing to help them out via voice chats and text chats and literally walk them through the process if they don't want to wait for a proper fix. I would be glad to be the first volunteer to help people out, be it on the forums, in discord or skype.

I think that's about all I had to say on this subject so far.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jeytav ().

• Since The engine has a problem with the nvidia drivers, is there any problems with amd drivers? There isnt any mention of that.
      UserBenchmarks: Game 93%, Desk 73%, Work 82%
      CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - 75.2%
      GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 - 104.2%
      SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB - 64.8%
      HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2016) - 106.1%
      RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 2133 C15 2x8GB - 77.7%
      MBD: MSI A320M GAMING PRO (MS-7A39)
      :thumbsup: