Roadmap

• I hope they fix the ground texture for when when the corn is harvested. The texture that is shown in the mudd video looks bad in my opinion. Also the ground textures get's streched out when the ground is transformed, maybe this is something we'll have to live with because their is no good way to fix this but you can always hope for it?
    • I just hope this won't be one of those games that people will forget about. Certainly I won't because I check on it every day :) To live with this amount of patience is difficult but I'm managing lol. I think when they release the EA it will be worth the wait. MBB is doing a fantastic job but I do agree that once in a while a update would be nice. But maybe they're so busy and fall asleep in front of their computer, wake up and remember they slept in the office last night instead of home lol. What I do like is that the community is positive and keeps the forum alive and that makes the wait easier aswell. Well done MBB and well done community. Soon we will all play MP together and come back to the time we had to wait for ages to play this amazing game :)
      Proper Sim gamer. Rally games tractor and truck games. Bus games and train games you name it :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lee01Mr ().

• New stuff added to the road map:
      Graphics Options
      Radio & Sound Options
      Gameplay Options
      Controls Settings

The rest of the additions are User Interface entries and I'm not sure if these are new, but they are at the bottom of the roadmap-milestone page which usually means they are new additions but I honestly can't remember if I have seen these before
      Main Menu (lol)
      Map Selection
      Vehicle Shop & Fleet
      Staff & Employees ( @masterbrain you kinda made a slight typo on this one in the roadmap. But it's okay, I still love you :wink: )
      Animals
      Missions, Tasks & Calendar
      Finances

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Hello, could you add this in the roadmap :
      • Passenger script
      • Hand on the steering wheel*
      • Script of entry into the vehicles* (if it's quite fast)
      *if we can activate/desactivate those scripts in the options it's perfect

And an easy way to display the fps to find the good graphical settings.

Thank you

The post was edited 2 times, last by Taco29 ().

• Taco29 wrote:

Hello, could you add this in the roadmap :

• Passenger script
      • Hand on the steering wheel
      • Script of entry into the vehicles
      And an easy way to display the fps to find the good graphical settings.

Thank you
      I would personally prefer, last two named scripts, to be switchable (on/off), if it will be added.

Hand on the steering wheel:

I don't need it.

a) you don't usually hold the hand in one position in RL, if you switch to GPS pilot you can rest your hands out of the steering wheel.
      b) I liked more the wiev from the cab without the hand on steering wheel in FS
      c) in my opinion, there was unnecessarily more work with adding this script during modding (it was in FS, maybe here in CnC will be modding soluted by easier way - can't judge for now)

Entering vehicle animation:

I don't need it.

a) even if it's nice for the first sight, but after some time is it rather annoying, cause you have to wait until slowly climb to /descend from cab. (experience from FS - I was not only one who removed these script from tractors which we used, if this script was presented)
      b) animation can cause problems, Jeytav explained it somewhere in other thread I think.

On the contrary, I would like to see possibility to climb the ladders - not just like the animation (of course only if possible to implement to the game), I mean climb ladder to the combine cab, or the aft ladder for providing maintenece, refuelling, cleaning of the combine (if manual maintenance will be added in final release of the game).

For the explanation of climbing/descending the combine cab. It was the last solution of my last edit of Lexion in FS .
      I set the exit point right next door the cab, so after exit you stood on the platform above the front wheel, then you stepped forward and jumped down like you run down the ladder. And during entering I could jump up the platform and then enter the cab. It was closest to the reality for me at the moment.

Now if there could be possibility to climb the ladder in CnC. You could climb and then open the door and enter the cab and on the contrary exit the cab and descend the ladder. Thats what I would like to see most, in this case.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dylan81 ().

• I totally understand how 'animations' get old very quickly .... (there is a space sim in development that comes to mind) ....

Some like 'em, others tire quickly with them.

A sim setup configuration menu option to turn on and off various features (animations and scripts eyc) is absolutely something I hope MBB can consider.

Then we can each setup our game experience to suit ourselves.

S!
      Go Handy & Give 'er Lolly
    • Would be nice with a passenger script.

I'm not so keen on the animation scripts mainly because they usually end up looking awkward and tend to glitch.

They have a hand script for the AI which is perfetly fine because you usually only see them from a distance which means you don't see all the small glitchy and stretching issues, but when you look at them up close you'll usually see some glitching and stretching of the hands/arms which is not something that's pleasant to look at.

If they can make the entering/exit animation look and happen at the same speed as in far expert 2017 then I would welcome it with open arms if not then a simple walking up/down the steps and then teleport into/out the seat would be fine with me. If they do do that then I want the ability to climb in/out from the back window as well! because sometimes that's the only way in and out when trying to attach an implement :P

So yes to passenger script. No to hand on the wheel script and yes to enter/exit script if it looks like in FE17 or it's a simple walk up/down the steps and teleport into/out the seat.

@Dylan81 The issue I was talking about was the hand/body gestures/language of AI when interacting with them but yes it also applies to any other animation of living animals(humans, dogs, cats, cows, dragons, aliens).

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Purchasing the engine? to get a license is quite expensive.
      But I thought, Correct me if I'm wrong. everyone can download the engine (unreal 4 right?)

Quoting the website of Unreal 4.
      UE4 is free to use, with a 5% royalty on gross product revenue after the first $3,000 per game per calendar quarter from commercial products.
      So the engine itself is free to use and so is the editor for it. Its quite a download though. But you can download it for free as stated above.

So modding wise, I don't think it will be hard to get it to work. Tools are free to use ;)
    • OlaHaldor wrote:

Wonder if we need to purchase the engine in order to make mods, or how they plan on this part.
      Thats a very good point as I looked up and you can not buy the c4 engine anymore so I would speculate that MBB have borought the right to the engine so they can use it as they please . :)
      To make a good game takes and patients and time :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by samgun95: Correction of my facts ().

• Bennieboy53 wrote:

Purchasing the engine? to get a license is quite expensive.
      But I thought, Correct me if I'm wrong. everyone can download the engine (unreal 4 right?)

Quoting the website of Unreal 4.
      UE4 is free to use, with a 5% royalty on gross product revenue after the first $3,000 per game per calendar quarter from commercial products.
      So the engine itself is free to use and so is the editor for it. Its quite a download though. But you can download it for free as stated above.

So modding wise, I don't think it will be hard to get it to work. Tools are free to use ;)
      Unreal 4? We talk about c4 engine...
    • I would wait for official announcements about modding and not predict any things and not spread rumors. We shall see how it's gonna be.
      It would be a little nonsense to have to buy some program for modding.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • Bennieboy53 wrote:

Purchasing the engine? to get a license is quite expensive.
      I use Unreal Engine myself. This game is not made with Unreal. Don't take this the wrong way, but I think things would've looked very different if it was Unreal, visually, while some features might not have been possible to do at all (or with a lot more time than they've already spent with the engine they use now). ^^

The reason I asked is I just want to know what requirements there are to make mods. I wish @Memphis could give us some info.
      Specific file formats for export from our fav 3D modeling software? Axis orientation? (3dsmax Z up or all the rest Y up?)
      If there's specific file formats needed for import to the engine, will there be a standalone app or plugin for specific 3D apps? (in all honesty I prefer a standalone app, not everyone uses Maya or Max)
      Texture formats?
      PBR? If so, spec/gloss or metal/roughness?
      What's the process of making a mod work?
      How do we make maps?

I'm so excited I just can't sit still. :D
      Workstation: i7 5960x | 128GB RAM | GTX 1080
      HP Omen Laptop: i7 6700HQ | 16GB RAM | GTX 1070

The post was edited 2 times, last by OlaHaldor ().

• OlaHaldor wrote:

I use Unreal Engine myself. This game is not made with Unreal. Don't take this the wrong way, but I think things would've looked very different if it was Unreal, visually, while some features might not have been possible to do at all (or with a lot more time than they've already spent with the engine they use now). ^^

The reason I asked is I just want to know what requirements there are to make mods. I wish @Memphis could give us some info.
      Specific file formats for export from our fav 3D modeling software? Axis orientation? (3dsmax Z up or all the rest Y up?)
      If there's specific file formats needed for import to the engine, will there be a standalone app or plugin for specific 3D apps? (in all honesty I prefer a standalone app, not everyone uses Maya or Max)
      Texture formats?
      PBR? If so, spec/gloss or metal/roughness?
      What's the process of making a mod work?
      How do we make maps?

I'm so excited I just can't sit still. :D
      Sounds like you are ready to gear up and get your hands dirty ;) I love the excitement, can't say that I don't feel it too :)
    • I just spent the whole day trying to get into how to make a map for Farming Sim 17. What a mess! The included video tutorials barely scratches the surface (like.. literally.. leaves you hanging with no explanation on how to get the map working). Documentation is lacking a lot.
      I've had to look through about 3-4 hours of videos on YouTube, only to find most of the stuff they show doesn't really make the map playable, only looks good in the game engine.

@masterbrain I have high hopes about this for C&C! More user friendly. Easier to get started from a blank map. Easier to iterate and try out ideas before going too deep with detailing.
    • OlaHaldor wrote:

I just spent the whole day trying to get into how to make a map for Farming Sim 17. What a mess! The included video tutorials barely scratches the surface (like.. literally.. leaves you hanging with no explanation on how to get the map working). Documentation is lacking a lot.
      I've had to look through about 3-4 hours of videos on YouTube, only to find most of the stuff they show doesn't really make the map playable, only looks good in the game engine.

@masterbrain I have high hopes about this for C&C! More user friendly. Easier to get started from a blank map. Easier to iterate and try out ideas before going too deep with detailing.
      I know your hurt man! I've spend many hours in the Giants Editor and I still can't figure some of the more basic things like splines e.g. The how texture paint is a fucking mess and is not very user friendly and sometimes things just act weird and I have no idea why. And roads, it's a mess to make proper roads. I admit that I'm no computer geek, but I'm not a novice either.

I really hope CnC is easier to get into, because GE is not very user friendly or intuitive for someone who's not working with computers every day.
    • Making roads was the first thing I looked into. By the looks of it, main roads (those with asphalt and yellow and white markers) are basically 3D models, just like any other building or tractor. That was the easiest part and I got that done quickly.

I'm stuck with fields. I have removed them from the map, but they still show up in-game when I start the map. It's as if there's something left behind, and I have no idea what or where to look for it.

After today I'm humble and fascinated at how others can create maps for this game. Let alone, I'm confused yet fascinated how the devs of Giant Engine can work with such a tool at all.

I know one thing for certain: this wouldn't fly in a 3D animation or VFX studio (what I work with on a daily basis). The devs of such tools wouldn't be there for long.. It must be artist friendly!
    • Yeah GE is not easy to get into, but once you get the hang of it it's not that bad and there will be a learning curve to the C4 engine, but that engine offers so much more and doesn't seem to have nearly as many limitations as GE.

@OlaHaldor Are you using the same savegame or are you using a brand new savegame? I know this is a bit off topic, but the field texture is saved in the fruitgensit.gdm file and that file does not get updated in the savegame folder but again this is way off topic so if you need some help feel free to @ me on discord ;)

• General information regarding modding in Cattle and Crops:

A handful of questions about modding popped up in a few threads: How does MBB support modding and when can be modded? For MBB, modding is an essential part of Cattle and Crops and good games/simulations in general. Together with the community, we want to develop and enhance CnC into a multifaceted and realistic product.

From the start we’ll give you the tools and technology you need to implement your mods into the C4 engine. You could already see the editor in our devlog Cab Control in two minutes. These are exactly the tools we use for some parts of the development. We think you should be able to bring your mods into the game as early as possible.

We are eager for your creativity and what you will do with the editor and its script-and shader-interfaces.