Roadmap

• Hofhund wrote:

@ArMaTa
      nice job.
      Can you extend the script that the points where not ready for EA was given out?

Hofhund

Hi all.

I update my script.
      This version show each milestones status and a list of critical states before EA release.

JavaScript Source Code

1. // ==UserScript==
      2. // @name RoadMap
      3. // @namespace Armata_CnC
      4. // @include https://*cattleandcrops.com/roadmap*
      5. // @version 1.1
      6. // @grant none
      7. // ==/UserScript==
      8. document.load=main();
      9. function main(){
      10. var avancementMS1=0;
      11. var countMS1 = 0;
      12. var avancementMS2=0;
      13. var countMS2 = 0;
      14. var avancementMS3=0;
      15. var countMS3 = 0;
      16. var avancementMS4=0;
      17. var countMS4 = 0;
      18. var ms1EA= [];
      19. $(".roadmap").each(function(){
      20. if($(this).find(".roadmap").length<1){
      21. if($(this).html().indexOf("MS1")>0){
      22. if(typeof $(this).find(".progress").find("div").css("width")!= 'undefined' && $(this).find(".progress").find("div").css("width").indexOf("%")>0){
      23. avancementMS1+=parseInt($(this).find(".progress").find("div").css("width").replace("%",""));
      24. countMS1++;
      25. if(parseInt($(this).find(".progress").find("div").css("width").replace("%",""))<70){
      26. ms1EA.push([$(this).find(".section-heading")[0].firstChild.textContent.trim(),parseInt($(this).find(".progress").find("div").css("width").replace("%",""))])
      27. }
      28. }
      29. }else if($(this).html().indexOf("MS2")>0){
      30. if(typeof $(this).find(".progress").find("div").css("width")!= 'undefined' && $(this).find(".progress").find("div").css("width").indexOf("%")>0){
      31. avancementMS2+=parseInt($(this).find(".progress").find("div").css("width").replace("%",""));
      32. countMS2++;
      33. }
      34. }else if($(this).html().indexOf("MS3")>0){
      35. if(typeof $(this).find(".progress").find("div").css("width")!= 'undefined' && $(this).find(".progress").find("div").css("width").indexOf("%")>0){
      36. avancementMS3+=parseInt($(this).find(".progress").find("div").css("width").replace("%",""));
      37. countMS3++;
      38. }
      39. }else if($(this).html().indexOf("MS4")>0){
      40. if(typeof $(this).find(".progress").find("div").css("width")!= 'undefined' && $(this).find(".progress").find("div").css("width").indexOf("%")>0){
      41. avancementMS4+=parseInt($(this).find(".progress").find("div").css("width").replace("%",""));
      42. countMS4++;
      43. }
      44. }
      45. }
      46. });
      47. alert("MS1 Progress: "+(Math.round(avancementMS1*10/countMS1)/10)+"%\r\nMS2 Progress: "+(Math.round(avancementMS2*10/countMS2)/10)+"%\r\nMS3 Progress: "+(Math.round(avancementMS3*10/countMS3)/10)+"%\r\nMS4 Progress: "+(Math.round(avancementMS4*10/countMS4)/10)+"%");
      48. var ms1 = "";
      49. for(var i= 0; i < ms1EA.length; i++){
      50. ms1+=" - "+ms1EA[i][0]+" @ "+ms1EA[i][1]+"%\r\n";
      51. }
      52. alert("Required before Early Access (<70%):\r\n"+ms1);
      53. }
      Display All
      Life is short, play more.
    • As I can see some progress even in other features, than just in MS1, it seems to me that we understood the roadmap wrong.

Now I think, there will be more than just MS1 finished (min. at 70%) at first, than MBB release EA.

Please dont't take it like complaining, it's meant just like statement, because I'll wait for release as long as neccessary ;) .

If someone else sees it differently now, let's discuss.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dylan81 ().

• Dylan81 wrote:

As I can see some progress even in other features, than just in MS1, it seems to me that we understood the roadmap wrong.

Now I think, there will be more than just MS1 finished (min. at 70%) at first, than MBB release EA.

Please dont't take it like complaining, it's meant just like statement, because I'll wait for release as long as neccessary ;) .

If someone else sees it differently now, let's discuss.
      We didn't understand it wrong. Of course there's progress in other features too. They don't stop working on other features just because they have to finish MS1 features. It's not everyone in the MBB team working on MS1 features.
    • Well for the guys asking for more videos/screenshots, a guy asked the same on Facebook and got this reply:

Matthias wrote:

Hello Peter,

we try to put out new footage on a regular basis. We can’t tell you exactly when the next video will come out, but we’re working on it.

Thanks a lot for your interest in Cattle and Crops.

Regards,
      Matthias from the CnC team
      So... a video should be coming (he got this reply 24 hours ago).

MCPOLDER wrote:

I hope we get an update friday. If you look at the last newspost you can see that they almost always post on friday and that the average between two post is around 3 weeks. Coming friday it's 3 weeks ago, so i hope and think we get an update.
      There's a good chance of having an update this friday, you're totally right.
    • mmmBetty wrote:

When does everyone think the release date will be?

I feel like we will see an end of May release and it is possible it could slip to early June.
      Hopefully before 2018 ;) I'm honestly not going to try and come up with a date that I think they should be able to release it anymore but I do hope that they will release a short statement explaining what parts it is that's keeping the EA from being released.

Now before someone starts to yell at me for asking for an update I would just like to say that 2 months ago they told us it would be delayed by a few weeks a "few" is more than 2 and less than 7. I'm not saying that I want a refund or anything like that but it would be nice with a small written statement explaining in a few words whats going on.

A few more things

Before you refer me to the other news they have posted since then I would like to point out that I do know those exist and I have read each one of them several times.

I'm not impatient I'm just worried not just for us but for them as well. Keeping in touch with your community is one of the key factors if you want to be successful. Fail to do so you end of with either a toxic community or no community at all and no one who wants to buy your game and I don't wanna see that happen because so far people are friendly to each other here and it would be nice if it could stay that way

I also know that there are rumors going around that they are working on a new video that's going to be released at some point I wanna assume that it will be a pre-release trailer together with an exact date for the games release but until MBB officially confirms this or releases said video I'm not going to get all excited :)

I am hoping that they will release something today, even a post where they say "Hey" would be something ;)

There was one more thing but my brain is having a minor meltdown due to lack of sleep so that thing was probably caught in the area thats melting :P

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram

The post was edited 3 times, last by Jeytav: Added a few more things ().

• Thank you Nybyggarn ;)

I'll also just post this little thing here from the Early access thread

masterbrain wrote:

Just so you have almost no reason to think we’d spend all our time on the moon…

We’ve dedicated our in in almost all areas of the game: the AI turn maneuvers are being optimized; at the same time we’ve integrated an info hud system that’ll deliver all kinds of messages and info flashes to the player. Our level designers are concentrating all their brain power on LOD (level of detail) and performance improvements, but also the extension of the road system (texture layers) and the optimization of the village (clustering).

In addition we’ve updated the roadmap today and have added further progress entries.

Have a nice weekend!

Diablo has also updated his post and 2 of the milestones has now been finished while 2 others has grown ever closer to 70%
      I took the liberty to translate it to english

Diablo81 wrote:

I have after a suggestion from @Celciur created a new spreadsheet which be easier to read and understand

I'll keep updating this as I promised

21.04.2017FertigFehltVeränderungNeu
      Seed tut65%-5% EA-Release--
      BGA filling tut60%-10% EA-Release--
      Selling animals tut60%-10% EA-Release--
      Telehandler30%-40% EA-Release--
      Street system60%Fertig30%90%
      Download server30%-20% EA-Release20%50%
      Steam support50%-20% EA-Release--
      Physical terrain effects65%-5% EA-Release--
      Dynamic fill planes40%-20% EA-Release10%50%
      Modding tutorials0%-70% EA-Release--
      Vehicle and engine sounds65%Fertig5%70%

MfG
      Diablo81

New MS-1 parts have been added:
      Kickdown pedal, full throttle / brake options
      Gas pedal intensity limiter
      Cruise control
      Dynamic height control for spreading booms
      Axle suspension(spring, leaf spring, hydrualics)
      Interactive dashboard
      Reverse-drive system

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram

The post was edited 5 times, last by Jeytav ().

• It seams the "Telehandler" (Machinery > Vehicles > Telehandler) is the principle hold-up item of MS1, which has been on 30% since the public inception of the C&C Roadmap.

maybe it would be an idea to pull the "Telehandler" from the initial MS1 release and instead implement a generic none-branded front-loader for fitment to e.g. a specific >100hp - <170hp tractor as a temporary stand-in, as any reasonable 3d artist should be able to knock-up something passable as a temporary stand-in, in one day (assuming all the control hooks for controlling the loader function are in-place)
    • b101uk wrote:

20mmNormandy wrote:

I don't think so. They have already the Claas frontloader finished i think? It was seen in one of their trailers i believe. So they just could move the telehandler to MS2 then.
      I don't recall seeing it in any images or trailer, only the Bresel und Lade loader/telehandler buckets

It's in the "Welcome to your farm" trailer/showcase

• Jeytav wrote:

b101uk wrote:

20mmNormandy wrote:

I don't think so. They have already the Claas frontloader finished i think? It was seen in one of their trailers i believe. So they just could move the telehandler to MS2 then.
      I don't recall seeing it in any images or trailer, only the Bresel und Lade loader/telehandler buckets

It's in the "Welcome to your farm" trailer/showcase

Interestingly, when the frontloader is no longer visible in the Presentation of vehicles. Previously, it was there.

The post was edited 2 times, last by ValtraN163 ().

• Nybyggarn wrote:

Just noticed the Wild animals milestone. Is this really a feuture that we need? What Will this bring to the game, a hunting part? Just trying to understand why we need that in this game?
      I didnt see any information about hunting anywhere, but it is a nice detail to see some wildlife in the game. And right now, is not delaying anything (it's MS2) so they can think it later tho.
    • Haha hunting yeah that would be great but I doubt that.

Wildlife is there for the sake of bringing the world to life. Running around in a game with no wild life is less immersing, could also be that the deer will sleep in the corn meaning you'll have to keep an extra good lookout for them when harvesting

• Nybyggarn wrote:

the thing for me is that I'd rather see more amount of cows instead of Wild animals. Sure it's great for imersion but i reckon there is better things to spend processing power on.
      First thing, no one knows how many farm animals that will be visible could be 20 could be 500.

Secondly people have asked for a real farming simulator and the wild life has a impact on real life farming, some destroy crop others hides in the crop and risk getting killed by the big machinery as it goes by and much more. So having wildlife in the game is hopefully going to mean you have to watch out for wildlife in your crops and it.

Personally i think it's great they are adding wild life it will help make the game come to life. Imagine The elder scrolls without wild life or gta without wild life it just wouldn't be the same, it all adds the the game experience.

Imagine you are out mowing a field of grass, it's still early in the morning and then down at the end of the field you see a couple of deer walking across the field towards the forest.
      Or you are out harvesting maize when all of a sudden a small buck leaps up right in front of your header and runs away.