Roadmap

• samgun95 wrote:

ChiloopaBatman wrote:

samgun95 wrote:

yes is said there are not alot of game elements to be completed for Milstone 1 meaning most of the content for the milestone 1 of EA is ready but i guess the way i fraised it was a little long winded. :)
      No biggie mate, that happens :)
      yeah sorry if i made hard to understand somtimes even i troble understanding me :)
      I think most of us can relate to that :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by ChiloopaBatman ().

• Parad0x177 wrote:

That's far more detail than I expected, but it is much appreciated! It looks like good progress has been made overall. If I'm interpreting things correctly it doesn't look like the core features that were planned for the initial EA are that far off!

Plus, some of the titles are very intriguing, "move that mountain" for instance...
      Move that mountain means we will get a more realistic behacior of bulk good, like physical movement in trailersm rolling a silage heap and tipping cargo on the ground

Which I kinda hope will also mean that if you drive like a maniac and flip your trailer your cargo will spill out.

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Jeytav wrote:

Parad0x177 wrote:

That's far more detail than I expected, but it is much appreciated! It looks like good progress has been made overall. If I'm interpreting things correctly it doesn't look like the core features that were planned for the initial EA are that far off!

Plus, some of the titles are very intriguing, "move that mountain" for instance...
      Move that mountain means we will get a more realistic behacior of bulk good, like physical movement in trailersm rolling a silage heap and tipping cargo on the ground

Which I kinda hope will also mean that if you drive like a maniac and flip your trailer your cargo will spill out.
      When the mission system is working a fun mission to have would be a timed delivery where you have to get there as fast a possible with out spilling of the trailer the less you spill and the faster you get there the more money you get and the more xp if that's going to be a thing. This is assuming that they plan to add spilling of cargo with physical movement in trailers .
      To make a good game takes and patients and time :)
    • samgun95 wrote:

When the mission system is working a fun mission to have would be a timed delivery where you have to get there as fast a possible with out spilling of the trailer the less you spill and the faster you get there the more money you get and the more xp if that's going to be a thing. This is assuming that they plan to add spilling of cargo with physical movement in trailers .
      haha yeah, that could turn out to be fun, especially going down a worn down dirt road(please give us poorly maintained dirt roads)

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Jeytav wrote:

samgun95 wrote:

haha yeah, that could turn out to be fun, especially going down a worn down dirt road(please give us poorly maintained dirt roads)
      Or maybe we could get a mission to recover and clean up after an NPC's spilled trailer :)

Awesome roadmap, MB! Definitely intrigued by a few of the sub-headings!
    • samgun95 wrote:

Vanquish081 wrote:

Two question:

1. How many MS are there? (MS1, MS2,...?¿)
      2. All features have to reach 70% in that MS? (MS1, MS2,... MS4)

The answer to your first question is there are 4 MS in the EA.
      The answer to the second question yes all features in the MS have hit 70% before they are put into the EA but whether all the features in each MS have have to each hit 70% before we get each MS features put into the game is not clear to me . :)

My understanding, from re-reading the road map, is that only the features of the milestone will be included in the release.
      Once all elements of MS1 reach 70% they will be in a position to release the game with all the features of MS1 but no features of MS2, 3, & 4. Then once all elements of MS2 reach 70%, they re-release the game with all features of MS1 and MS2 but no features of MS3 & 4. And the process continues through MS4 which I believe will be the release prior to the final release. The final release should include all milestones at 100%.
      Just my 2 cents.
      “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.”
    • Marmutts wrote:

My understanding, from re-reading the road map, is that only the features of the milestone will be included in the release.
      Once all elements of MS1 reach 70% they will be in a position to release the game with all the features of MS1 but no features of MS2, 3, & 4. Then once all elements of MS2 reach 70%, they re-release the game with all features of MS1 and MS2 but no features of MS3 & 4. And the process continues through MS4 which I believe will be the release prior to the final release. The final release should include all milestones at 100%.
      Just my 2 cents.
      That is exactly right :)
    • Jeytav wrote:

Parad0x177 wrote:

Ahhh...that's right! I had forgotten about that; thanks for the reminder!

It would be cool if they got the physics good enough to worry about spilling the load. 8|
    • distasio wrote:

So there's no EA until they hit MS1 or something like that? Any thoughts?
      If you read the quote below then that's what it sounds like. They will have %70 in the milestone 1 categories for EA to be released. Although that's just an assumption at this stage.

I could be wrong (who knows) but that doesn't mean that all milestone 1 categories have to be filled in to release EA, it just means that they will consider %70 enough for the content to be playable and tested in EA.

But if you look at the milestones they are to categorize EA chronologically. So if you look at it that way then yes it sounds like once milestone 1 is reached EA will be released.

masterbrain wrote:

• We’re working with four milestones that divide the Early Access phase chronologically. They do not have distinct dates yet, though.
      • The progress values roughly represent the current status, respectively.
      • Once a feature has reached 70%, we consider it playable and testable (in the EA).

So we know that once all 4 milestones are reached we will most likely be getting close to if not arrive at full release. (Hopefully)

• This takes a couple of read through ... there is a lot in there and as a starting point, such a strong opening position of 70%+.

Standout things are the Dynamic weather, animal fattening and the AI helper side.
      Also fantastic to see wheel and TrackIR support up there and already in place .... proper job!

The forums are already abuzz with anticipation ..... This update was just in time ... and very welcomed MBB.
      Please keep the comms alive and regular .... it helps the community understand why the waiting is necessary and worthwhile, gives us confidence and ensures your connection with your community is being built on solid foundations.

Go handy
      Go Handy & Give 'er Lolly
    • I am really suprised with roadmap, in possitive maner. Now it's only important to have it updated dayli. I think that this can say more than thousand news, you see where is game now and based on progression we can anticipate release of EA. I think what wihtin month for sure, because most of content is done for EA and i am really very excited about it, roadmap give me deep feeling about process and progess, so great work yet done and good luck to stay on the way ! ;)
    • Edit: MBB has changed their roadmap setup which is way better then before so go there for updates Roadmap v2.0
      I decided to make a road map showing only the milestones for milestone 1, with their respective percentage and if any of them has been changed since release.
      Red = the current machine is not at 70%
      Crossout = old percentage and the new percentage number will be added after it
      Green = a new addition to the milestone 1 tree, either because I missed it(Animal transport trailer) or because the devs added a new one(Online Radio)

MS-1 Roadmap - 79%

Gamemode - 70%

Sandbox mode - 70%

Gameplay - 79%

Display Spoiler

Fieldwork - 90%
      Bulls - 80%
      Animal Transport 90%
      BGA (basic) - 80%
      Cab control - 80%
      Displays - 70%
      Employees and AI - 85%
      Find the Vehicle (tut) - 80%
      Cultivating (tut) - 90%
      Plowing (tut) - 85%
      Seeding (tut) - 65%
      Fertilizing (tut) - 80%
      Harvest (tut) - 90%
      Transport (tut) - 90%
      Animal Feeding (tut) - 70%
      BGA Filling (tut) - 60%
      Sale of animals (tut) - 50% - 60%

Management - 89%

Display Spoiler

Profile Create and Delete - 90%
      Savegames - 80%
      Buy/Sell - 100%
      Search/Filter/Sort - 90%
      3D viewport of the live view - 90%
      Task overview and history - 80%
      Calender - 70%
      AI Transport - 90%
      AI Field work - 90%
      AI Harvest - 90%
      Hire/Dismiss AI - 100%
      Personnel costs - 90%
      Buy/Sell field - 100%
      Field status - 85%
      Bank loan - 80% - 85%

Machinery - 84%

Display Spoiler

Tractor - 80%
      Telehandler - 30%
      Forage Harvester - 90%
      Corn seeder 75%
      Fertilizer - 90%
      Trailers - 95%
      Forage Wagon - 95%
      Cultivator - 80%
      Disc harrow - 95%
      Plow - 90%
      Sprayer - 90%
      Liquid manure sprayer - 80%
      Frontloader tools - 95%
      Weight pack - 95%
      Cutter bar - 70%
      Feed mixer - 85%
      Animal transport trailer - 95%

World - 82%

Display Spoiler

Dev/Tutorial map - 75%
      Default map - 75%
      BGA - 70%
      Cattle shed - 80%
      Machine shed - 80%
      Harbor - 90%
      Cooperative - 90%
      Vehicle shop - 90%
      Sewage plant - 80%
      Gas Station - 85%
      Town Buildings - 90%
      Trees - 90%
      Traffic signs - 90%
      Street System - 60%
      Traffic - 80%
      Pedestrians - 90%

Technical - 73%
      Updated 08/04/2017

Display Spoiler

Launcher & Updater - 65% - 70%
      Download server - 25% - 30%
      Bug report - 90%
      Account management - 80%
      Steam Support - 50%
      Vehicle physics - 90%
      Attaching implements - 90%
      Physical Terrain effects - 65%
      Dynamic fill planes - 30% - 40%
      Persistent wheel tracks - 80%
      Dynamic terrain - 70%
      Plant growth (basic) - 80%
      Day/Night cycle - 100%
      Steering wheel / analog controller - 95%
      Online radio - 75%
      Vehicle & Enginesounds - 60%

Modding - 79%

Display Spoiler

Modding tutorials - 0%
      Village building - 90%
      Industrial buildings - 95%
      Signs - 95%
      Creating maps - 80%
      Creating vehicles - 80%
      Creating missions and quests - 95%
      Creating building - 100%

The post was edited 22 times, last by Jeytav: Updated 08/04/2017 ().

• Maybe devs are finishing something else right now and there will come turn for modding tutorial later.

I made a printscreen of main roadmap screen to see changes during a time. I did it today, so Im interested if there is some progres tomorrow :)

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • Just let them work. So be EA already very good version. There could be calmly several parts at 100%, couldn't be.

I think there is enough time. I know everybody are looking forward to first release, but lets be patient. We can meanwhile play something else, until release. We can either wait or wait :) . Just take it easy.

RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • To Jeytav: Will you keep your list updated? If you will, it is great. And thanks a lot for it mate.

Or we could share out with others (if they would be interested) some parts and watch it and update it every day. You wouldn't have too much work with it.

RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • Johndeere167 wrote:

@Jeytav You missed highlighting "Street System - 60%" in red.
      Thanks for telling me :D

Dylan81 wrote:

To Jeytav: Will you keep your list updated? If you will, it is great. And thanks a lot for it mate.

Or we could share out with others (if they would be interested) some parts and watch it and update it every day. You wouldn't have too much work with it.
      I'll check up on the road map a few times a each week and update my post accordingly.
      If you do see a change in any of the MS-1 milestones then feel free to pm me :)

• Dylan81 wrote:

Just let them work. So be EA already very good version. There could be calmly several parts at 100%, couldn't be.

I think there is enough time. I know everybody are looking forward to first release, but lets be patient. We can meanwhile play something else, until release. We can either wait or wait :) . Just take it easy.
      Overall Dylan81, I have to agree with this for myself.

I was ploughing last night in FS17 and all I could think about was the dynamic terrain listed on the CnC road-map ...LOL

Anticipation is the enemy of Patience.

The CnC road-map stokes my anticipation ...ergo ... I'm impatient. Gimme gimme kinda thing.

However, I'm trying to keep my main focus on the final release at the end of 2017 by present schedule.

Edit: here's how I'm setting my own expectations .... I'm going to assume nothing until it's clearly stated by MBB.
      That said, All MS1 to 70% or greater might suggest EA release but may not automatically means EA release either as we don't know if there are MS2 dependencies at play. We'll find out in time. What is pretty nice to see (and thanks to Jeytav's work) those % sliders are moving ....
      Go Handy & Give 'er Lolly

The post was edited 2 times, last by JackWall ().

• Road map has been updated.

Dynamic fill planes went from 30% to 40% and a new addition "Vehicle and Engine sounds at 60%" which kinda makes sense ;)

Implement sounds and enviroment and weather sounds has been added as MS-2 features as well each at 25%