Gear must be changed for reversing

• Gear must be changed for reversing

When this is on (x) it has it oven life somtimes i drive forward whit my break other whit the right on and pressing G (toggel ) and toggle drive forward / backwards. its random what works. and after some time i get it to work.
    Think the order is
    1 G (this lets my breaks be the throttel/speeder. and speeder becomes break. so Break and speeder change place)
    2 The the back/forward key works. (breaks still throttle/speeder)
    3 G now it runs breaks and throttle/speeder works
    4 gear only stays in 1 gear
    5 hitting G 1 times lets me get automated gear to work. but back and forward dont work anymore.

The gear up and down is config on the X rotation, forward and back on the Y rotation G Z rotation, on the Saitek side panel control deck. but it don't work.

The frontloader is set up on quickslot 7 Y- akse, quickslot 8 Z- akse, quickslot 9 X-akse and works like a charm.

Has to do this steps everytime i change or exit Tractor.

im running whit wheels and pedals, saitek® heavy equipment and all can be calbratet but dosen't work in game atm.

keep it up im having a blast here :thumbsup:

The post was edited 7 times, last by rduelund1 ().

• A little clarification of stated topic. At least what I have tried out.

If you have "Gear must be changed for reversing" tickbox checked, it means you must change direction of move by set key (I have it at SPACE). In real life it's the orange lever left below the steering wheel or orange button on CMOTION lever.

G-key switches gearbox modes - auto/manual, not forward/reverse.

If you drive on manual gearbox, reversing works well. It means when you drive forward by key (W key) or set axle (gas pedal). You must logical manually increase/decrease gears. Then if you want to reverse, you will hit reverse key (for example SPACE for me) and gearbox switch to reverse. After that you also drive back by pressing W-key (gas pedal) and S-key is brake. This works also for axles.

A little problem is (one must get used to it for now) that script for automatic gerabox can't use reverse key for now. Because If you switch to auto gearbox (G-key for you as you wrote, I have it at ENTER) you can go forward and gears increase automaticly. But if you forget for not using reverse key and you hit it, the pedals will interchanage. Then you have forward (S-key) and backward (W-key). If it happens, you must hit reverse key again and all will change back to normal behaviour. So if you want to switch to reverse in automatic mode, you must manually click to reverse by gear down key.

Example: If you drove somewhere and braked, the auto gearbox automaticly decreased to gear 1. Now you want to go backward. You will click gear down, gearbox will switch to reverse and now you can move back by pushing W-key as normal.

Summary:

Don't use reverse key in automatic gearbox mode, if you don't want to have pedals interchanged. Use it in manual mode only.

If you don't have "Gear must be changed for reversing" tickboxed. The manual mode behave similarly as above, I think. Difference in auto mode is, that if you press W-key - you drive forward, and then if you press S-key machine will brake and automaticly switch to reverse and vice versa.

That's what I have found out during a time of my gameplay.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
    GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
    RAM - 8 GB
    Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 3 times, last by Dylan81 ().

• This is a known issue and will be fixed soon.
    For now, the reverese key is actually not working as intended. With the checkbox "Gear must be changed for reversing" ticked you brake until you stop, then you use the Gear down key to go through neutral into reverse. After that you can go backwards with the Accelerator. Then break until you stop and use the Gear up key to go through neutral into a Forward gear. Now you can use the Accelerator to go forward again.
    For this to work you need to be in automatic gear mode.
  • Thanks Dylan81

I just want it to be automatic gears where my pedals are break and speed, and not that the break is reverse! And no break. When the X is on it runs right except the manual pushing buttons to work !

I want it to be like real life, break hold the tractor/truck/car, shift the gear to drive forward and shift it to reverse.

As I stated the saitek heavy equipment doesn’t work properly.

What I’m asking for is working like a charm in ETS.
  • I have to say, the Saitek works like a charme for me, when used with manual shifting. Pedales problems occur when i reverse during cruise control is used or when gear change is set to automatic
    AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

:S
    My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
    Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
  • Hi Fck54
    So your x y z rotation works on your saitek side panel ?

I can see everything works in the setup screen.
    And can assigned everything just don’t work in game.

Everything works in ETS and FS 2017 just tested !

Does your work whit this settings ?

X rotation. gear up down. Don’t work
    Y rotation forward and back Don’t work
    Z rotation G key. Don’t work

X akse quick slot 7 works
    Y akse quick slot 8 works
    Z akse quick slot 9 works
  • First have you calibrated everything ?

Yes I have 2 side panels ;)

here are part of my setting
    On the steering wheel and pedals
    • Forward and backward are assigned to axel Y
    • Left right are assigned to axel X

One the side panel (numbers correspond to numbers on the panel)
    • Raise / lower is assigned to Rotation Y
    • Gear up and down has to be assign to buttons and not axis ... have set them to buttons 26 and 27 (little wheel)
    • Toggle drive forward/backward has to be assigned to a button ... have set it to button 21
    • Slots are assigned to button from 1 to 10 plus :
    • slot 2 to Rotation X
    • slot 3 to Rotation Z
    • Slot 7 to axel Y
    • Slot 8 to axel X
    • Slot 9 to axel Z
    AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

• In my case it works perfectly when using manual only ;)

• Yes everything gets calibrated everytime i log in. (just because its hangs whit some red everytime i log in)

When using manual only, and assigned to a button it works. but thats not how i want it
    i used this calibration on ETS and FS for years. hold break shift to natural to revers and back to forward
    ill be happy if they gona make a

Automatic gear shift where.

Left pedel is only breaks
    Right pedel is speed.
    Y rotation forward and back ( X Toggle drive forward/backward even whit Automated gear.)
    X rotation. is gear up down
    Z rotation G key. takes over for automated gear
    and a X to flip side on left-right to right-left on rotation and axel on side pannel.

Thanks for the help and info. Gonna look forward so i can stop reverse on my break pedel !
  • Don't worry, gearboxes will be certainly updated in the future.

A) There should be different gearboxes for tractors and combines
    B) Claas tractors (most of other brands as well) IRL have aprox. 24 gears if I remember well and those are divided to 3 or 4 ranges.
    So there must be change ;) , to maintain some reality in the future. I believe, the clutch will also be added in the future.

We'll see, though we must be patient. Now, there are still other more important things to manage.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
    GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
    RAM - 8 GB
    Win 7 64bit