Don't seem to be able to load an autosave.

• Don't seem to be able to load an autosave.

Actually had a crash today, first one in about 20 hours plus of gameplay since the patch.
    So yay for that! (The nice long runs of stability for me since the latest patch. Much improved)

Hadn't manually saved in several hours and managed to break something while setting up a task and crashed out.
    Restarted the game, and it sent me back to my last manual save.
    Realized there was a " Load Autosave" button, so I tried that several times, no joy.

Tried it several times, the crash reporter popped up each time, so I submitted the bug that way.

Just thought I would make a post, and see if anyone else had tried loading from an autosave after a crash and saw this behaviour.

Sidenote, is there an accessible savegame file, and is it possible to copy the autosave to the manual save folder, and have it load to recover?
    Dug around in the game files, but I couldn't identify the save file. Was probably looking right at :)
    This may not be possible for various reasons, thought I 'd ask.
    R5 3900x / Crosshair 6 Hero / 32 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 / Vega 64 LC/ Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
    M.2 500GB / Samsung 840 Evo Sata 6 500Gb / 1TB WD Blue / Thermaltake 360mm AIO
    / Corsair HX 850w / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Win10 Home 64 bit / LG 34UM88C 3440 x 1440 21 x 9 monitor.
  • HI,
    Have you setup the automatic saving in the gameplay settings ?
    AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

:S
    My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
    Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
  • Yes I had autosave set up. ( 10 minute intervals)

And Doh!
    It actually told me the file name and location for the save in game, being tired makes one blind I guess.

I don't know if this is the right place to attach the C4 log file and debug file, or if it would be useful.
    Does the crash reporter do this?

Not feeling confident enough, looking at the save files, to try forcing it to load the autosave data by moving anything around, so I''ll just carry on from the last good save.

Mostly just wondered if any other people had tried clicking the " Load Autosave" button provided in game and had it say no.

Certainly not going to be upset when a brand new ( to us) autosave system acts up.
    However, I will remember to manually save every once in a while, just in case.

Can you ask when the opportunity arises if there is any additional data the team would find useful?
    Thanks in advance.
    R5 3900x / Crosshair 6 Hero / 32 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 / Vega 64 LC/ Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
    / Corsair HX 850w / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Win10 Home 64 bit / LG 34UM88C 3440 x 1440 21 x 9 monitor.
  • File reads as 106,179 KB, I get the "file is too large" message.
    And yes, I would guess the crash corrupted it somehow.
    Perhaps not manually saving for very long periods led to the autosave cache overflowing and breaking it or something.

Since you tested it and it would load, makes sense that it is an edge case of some kind.

I blame myself really, I got lazy and spoiled lol with the "generally" much increased stability in my case, and didn't manually save once in a while. Like for several hours.

Thanks for trying it to see if it works under normal conditions.
  • GoogleDrive, DropBox, or OneDrive can be used for free ;) And could help with big files
    AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
    Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
  • Chicken wrote:

Actually had a crash today, first one in about 20 hours plus of gameplay since the patch.
    So yay for that! (The nice long runs of stability for me since the latest patch. Much improved)

Hadn't manually saved in several hours and managed to break something while setting up a task and crashed out.
    Restarted the game, and it sent me back to my last manual save.
    Realized there was a " Load Autosave" button, so I tried that several times, no joy.

Tried it several times, the crash reporter popped up each time, so I submitted the bug that way.

Just thought I would make a post, and see if anyone else had tried loading from an autosave after a crash and saw this behaviour.

Sidenote, is there an accessible savegame file, and is it possible to copy the autosave to the manual save folder, and have it load to recover?
    Dug around in the game files, but I couldn't identify the save file. Was probably looking right at :)
    This may not be possible for various reasons, thought I 'd ask.
    Hi @Chicken,

many save crash bugs were fixed in last versions. So it did not happen for me for a long time anymore even with active helpers. So if you still have these problems in specific szenarions the please post these in the forums "Savegame" sub-forum with detailed description what you did, which vehicles were active, which tasks, which fields, who did what (AI helper) and upload the savegame which cannot be loaded.

Regards
    Nachtfalke