Protection from piracy

• Probably because he would feel ripped off if he has paid for a game that people are able to play for free with his hard earned. As far as I'm aware the game won't have any sort of DRM and even if there is there are a lot of ways to circumvent that anyway.

Hopefully if people find it worth it they will buy the game and support the developers.

• mmmBetty wrote:

Probably because he would feel ripped off if he has paid for a game that people are able to play for free with his hard earned. As far as I'm aware the game won't have any sort of DRM and even if there is there are a lot of ways to circumvent that anyway.

Hopefully if people find it worth it they will buy the game and support the developers.
    if people opt for Steam, or pushed to Steam only release, then Steam WILL be the DRM.
  • TBH I have "tested" a lot of DRM free games and have ended up buying every single one of them shortly after. The reason I did it was due to being 0 risk of disappointment if they were bad. On the other hand I have been burned quite a few times by buying bad games or being hit with discontinued development after purchase and wish I had done the "try before you buy" thing.
    This game however, dont even need to, I just jumped in and threw my $$ at it. Theres nothing to complete against CnC in terms of quality and realism. In saying that, if it does get pirated I only hope that the sales increase as a result.

I understand that its a very touchy and controversial subject and I'm only expressing my opinion of it. I'm sure the majority of people will disagree with my stance and I accept that and dont wish to argue at all or convince people my opinion is better.
  • I think the Kickstarter campaign is a good first step against piracy, because when I heared about a game with a strong potential for competition against FS, I immediately participated in the campaign to support it. While if the game was first released in a paid version, it is possible that I would first hacked it to evaluate its potential before considering buying it. Another reason is multiplayer, if the game is heavily focused on multiplayer, then those who would have hacked the solo version could buy it for multiplayer play.