Implement Speeds

• Implement Speeds

I have played for a little while now and am absolutely loving the changes and progress that Cattle and Crops is making.

I am wondering however if there is ever a plan to add speed requirements and limitations for the implements. It is extremely unrealistic that I can do field work at whatever speed I desire and have no ill effects. For instance I was playing the recently updated version on Steam and spreading the slurry from the 2nd mission and didn't notice any sort of speed requirement or limitation whatsoever. I think I got as fast as 25 or 30 which is extremely fast for that sort of implement. If I have missed it somewhere I apologize but if not then i think it's something that needs to be strongly considered and then added in such a way it's clear to the player as to what speed in necessary or what range of speed is acceptable.
    • I did finally get the implement up to a speed where it said I was going too fast but that was over 25 kph and honestly that seems/feels too fast in game for that implement to have for a working speed. I mean it's possible I suppose as I'm not extremely familiar with those type of sprayer/spreaders but maybe it's just me and it feels wrong.
    • Glimmerman , I was intrigued by your post regarding implement speeds, which had me thinking the same as you, first up I just read a small article the USA , using a Horschs Pronto and he says they can seed up to nine miles an hour, nearly 14.5 kmh, also it say he do 40 acres an hour at 8 mph. So food for thought. I will try and add to this post later and find other optimal speeds for field work. Pete
    • I play for hardcore difficulty and when I go faster than implement allows, text appeares "you are going too fast".

Also when you drive with cruise control active, it should go as fast as particular implemnt allows.

This is my knowledge.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • Right you are Flywheel, I also often use throttle lever to adjust speed I need, because sometime tractor stops too much when driving with cruise control in wet mud.

RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • Yes or when changing Gear ... Gear should be selected before setting curise control and not changed after that ... There is still a lot to do with curise control, gear box, handthrottle ....
      AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

:S
      My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
      Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
    • I wonder how will be those features (cruise control, gearboxes) solved later? I hope there will be separated gearboxes for tractors and combines due to combine's hydrostatic drive.
      Combines - speed might be reduced by engine power set (turtle, 1/2, hare). I would like to use turtle set for precise maneuvering for attaching the cutter or parking etc.

Tractors - possibility to preset two switchable cruise control speeds, realistic gearbox.

No doubt, devs know all of this and heáve it in future plans. We must be patient and finall we will have it ;) .

RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • Yes I think all this will be in it at the end ... Just have to wait for it to come !
      AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
      Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...