Repeated game crashes seem to freezw/crash Steam at the same time.

• Repeated game crashes seem to freezw/crash Steam at the same time.

So after some 24 game hours with the Steam release, and a lot of crashes. ( 30? 40? a lot)
    The game crash reporter pretty much never comes up, it doesn't get that far, needs a Task Manager shut down.
    Seeing the Steam application being frozen/crashed/unresponsive immediately afterwards.
    Don't really know how to tell which one is crashing first and causing the other to stop functioning.

But there is an extremely repeatable series of events.
    1) Play game until it crashes/freezes.
    2) Ctrl/Alt/Delete to get to task manager to shut down C & C.
    3) Bring Steam up on your desktop and try to do pretty much anything with it, you can't.
    4) Exit Steam, restart it, Steam functionality now restored.

I often have a worker on a task, especially now when trying to replant everything.
    And understand that saving them is not there yet.

Can an auto-save feature be enabled? Have taken to very frequent saves to mitigate crashes. Not unexpected in an early version.
    I'm certainly not upset about that.

Wondered if anyone else was experiencing this issue, or could check Steam after a crash to see if this happens.
    Or if the dev team could add checking this out to their gigantic list of things to do at some point.

I have no way to determine if these freezes of two programs are actually related, but can see it happening pretty much every time, so that's a thing.

Thanks for the work so far. Game has brilliant potential.
    R5 3900x / Crosshair 6 Hero / 32 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 / Vega 64 LC/ Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
    M.2 500GB / Samsung 840 Evo Sata 6 500Gb / 1TB WD Blue / Thermaltake 360mm AIO
    / Corsair HX 850w / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Win10 Home 64 bit / LG 34UM88C 3440 x 1440 21 x 9 monitor.
  • This was happening to me but as of todays update touch wood, no crashes, your point about auto save is a really good one, my worker is about 2-3 hours through ploughing my largest field, it would be a shame to lose it. Your comment about the games potential is also very true, I just love this.

When I purchased C&C just around update 5 or 6 I thought, well I will play FS17 about 90% and C&C the other 10%, but I have not opened FS17 since, with exception to insert some mods, but now I am wondering when will I be back, lol. This is a full time job for me and my hired worker..
  • Pursuing edge case crashes is the bane of game devs everywhere.
    Just wondered if anyone else was noticing this particular issue where upon a game crash, Steam ALSO was non-functional.

Nice to see an autosave is on the radar.
    Not expecting miracles with that.

Side note, on one of my restarts, a worker continued from its last saved position, rather than trying to go back to the start of the field. So yay!.
    I should imagine this is not easy to do, so big thumbs up for tackling this.
    R5 3900x / Crosshair 6 Hero / 32 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 / Vega 64 LC/ Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
    / Corsair HX 850w / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Win10 Home 64 bit / LG 34UM88C 3440 x 1440 21 x 9 monitor.
  • *Update.

This behaviour no longer happens for me.
    With the latest update for me to the AMD drivers and software, Cattle and Crops seem to be MUCH more stable.
    I do not know the exact reason for my specific case, but I have had hours and hours of continuous gameplay with zero crashes.

Although I have completed all the missions, and am only doing my own operations,
    But it is massively more stable, at least for me.

So yay! Good stuff, waiting on more content from the C & C team.
    What we have so far is excellent, and every item I wish was better, is already on the roadmap.
  • DannyA4 wrote:

@smitty
    from which manufacturer is your graphics chip and did you install an old driver?
    i run a intel core i3-3240 3.40Ghz....64 bit processor what ever all that means...been down this road before about updating drivers etc in my oppinion i shouldn't have too(update drivers) the game should be made to an open market...my pc runs say euro truck 2 packed with the promods and other mods it runs fs17 on high graphics with no lag..the game runs but i cant buy anything...i can drive around in mission but go to menu crash..just for the record i'm no spotty kid that lives off bank of mum and dad funding high tech pc's ...i work for a living invested into this game from the bitter begining with the high hopes and promises.very disappointed with the whole packedge
  • just updated latest version went to mission,drove but no mud appeared and it was raining(is this a function in game yet),made tracks in field but no sign of it on the tractor...anyway hired a worker went through the process brought a field sent the worker to cultivate it...went to buy a cow crash..
    on the crash ticket it keeps saying access violation,then the error codes,i have full access to the pc i own it...