Hired Staff or the lack there of. !

• Hired Staff or the lack there of. !

Hi farmers well finished the missions two time over, now I have my feet firmly in the cow pad. I have ploughed Field 15 as test and it was a small field :D . I want to run a cultivator over it, and would like to hire a worker do it. Now I have swathed through many drop down boxes in that department, one thing lacking , no workers available. I have looked in most all departments not a soul. So could some kind soul point me in a direction so as I can try this excellent feature and move on. ;( Thanks for reading Regards Peter
    • Flywheel wrote:

Hi farmers well finished the missions two time over, now I have my feet firmly in the cow pad. I have ploughed Field 15 as test and it was a small field :D . I want to run a cultivator over it, and would like to hire a worker do it. Now I have swathed through many drop down boxes in that department, one thing lacking , no workers available. I have looked in most all departments not a soul. So could some kind soul point me in a direction so as I can try this excellent feature and move on. ;( Thanks for reading Regards Peter

Hey!

i made you a short Video wich should explain what you have to do!
      ( Higher Quality will be available soon )

Display Spoiler

• CPU: AMD FX8350 @ 4.6 GHz
      • Main Board: Asus Sabertooth 990 FX
      • RAM: 32 GB DDR3 2133 GeiL CL10-11-11
      • GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 1060 OC REV 2.0
      • HDD: 4 x Samsung 840 Evo SSD's & some WD HDD's
      • Monitor: Samsung S24C300 @ 1920x1080 & Samsung S27D390 @ 1920x1080
    • Could you make a Screenshot of your Workers Area? There should definitly some Workers available to hire :o
      Display Spoiler

• CPU: AMD FX8350 @ 4.6 GHz
      • Main Board: Asus Sabertooth 990 FX
      • RAM: 32 GB DDR3 2133 GeiL CL10-11-11
      • GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 1060 OC REV 2.0
      • HDD: 4 x Samsung 840 Evo SSD's & some WD HDD's
      • Monitor: Samsung S24C300 @ 1920x1080 & Samsung S27D390 @ 1920x1080
    • Okay thanks, for replying I will take a few sleeps. Yes I was in real time mode, though folks in my area were just scared of work, haha

Okay, I did as requested after two days 3 folk showed up looking for work, fantastic, I saved that and as it has just passed 2 am here in real life, I am off to get a few hours of sleep. Thanks to all for the help given.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Flywheel ().

• Gentlemen & Ladies of course =O , well that worked vey nicely to a point, and this is definitely not a whinge, I hired my guy and asked him to plough field 14 while I went off to cultivate field 15, When I finished I found what he had completed was fantastic, but was up against my grazing yard fence. M question is this ..at this stage of development am I able to teach him a smaller turn as there was plenty of room. If I cannot I am more than happy to finish that field myself. A little add to that, I tried to get him back on track by ploughing the top part for him and was able to get him to go again but sadly he did not recognise the ploughed part and went on to the fence.

Two more questions for those most knowledgeable, when I seed and spray I intend to lease a the implements for half a day, now can I lease them and assign the job to my worker, and will he go and collect the hired implements, not a problem for me to pick them up, I am just seeing what lengths he will work to.

Last fields, I am a little confused to how to ready them for sowing, as in a previous farming sim we ploughed, cultivated, then seeded and sprayed and so on, is that the same order here or is there other steps I need to take, would like to tackle it properly. Lastly what is deep loosening mean or words to that effect, I understand health states I think -:) Thanks so much for past help, with that help and recent updates all is going fantastic.
    • @Flywheel
      I will try to answer your third question, because I'm not sure with first and second for now. I haven't tried it within last update.

Let's go for your question. If you want to play hard real it should be this way:

What some literature says:
      note: description is very simplified

- after the harvest, should come cultivating (spreading slurry if necessary - I don't know if it has an effect for now).
      - after aprox. 14 days, should come middle or deep plowing (autumn) and than leave it over the winter.
      - in early spring should come skidding / dragging of the field for crushing the clods and flattening the field (there are no implements for this step in the game), but the Corn King is combined implement, so this mentioned implements are not necessary.
      - sowing of maize should be during mid april (depends on the weather) optimal temperature 8-10°C. Sowing should be finished till 10th of May.
      As stated above, the Corn King has front part as soil preparator and aft part is sowing implement itself.
      - then spraying as in tutorial
      - and the harvest as a culmination of your "hard work", weather conditions during a season (sufficient, but not surplus of water) and other aspects which hasn't been yet implementet to the game (wild pigs will settle in your field, pests, enough of nutrients N, P, K, etc.)
      - and again, again, again, until wheat, barley, oat and rape comes ;)

And I also don't understand what deep loosening and others is being meant. The other feature (I don't remember its name) might be something with soil moisture. It would be good to have some official description of it from devs. I also don't understand some marks in calendar. I hope it will be explained later.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 2 times, last by Dylan81 ().

• Fantastic thank you, well, yes I would like to do it properly otherwise I could still play another game and that is not meant knock the other game, so I guess you are departing winter over there now, correct. I am sure it will all come out in time, even now , different folk answering different questions , helps other as well if they read the forums. Always good to hang in the forums.

As for the question , will the hired worker collect the implement from the dealer, I can test it easily, by trying it. but I don't need the corn king until April. I was thinking always a dangerous thing for me :D . The calendar looks nifty and would be nice if they had across each month what is happening season wise, like dormant or growing season, reminders of task to do in those months, remember a lot of us are in a different weather mode than Europe and we need some education on many matters like that.

So seeing you have given me some tips, I will just get my fields ready for when the sowing season starts although this year I am a little late with preparation. thanks Pete