Early Access: the current state

• We will probably get a new update around April 1st. I think they postponed the release from the end of March, not to the end of March. As you migth have spotted in one of their updates, they asked for help by former game developers. When you are making such a realistic game as this you will encounter ALOT of bugs. Just be patient and wait a couple of weeks more.
    • b101uk wrote:

I don't expect any news until after mid April, after all I take their original "March" release to be the end of March and not the start of March, thus the extra few week they needed would be additive to the end of March - thus after mid April.
      Actually, to be frank I expect an update pretty soon. They specifically said in their last update to provide us with a roadmap covering certain aspects of the early access:

"At the same time we’ll specify which game elements will be available at the start of the Early Access phase, and which features will be added during that phase or will be included with the release version of the game."

If the purpose of part of the roadmap is to inform us about which elements will be in the early access and which won't be, I expect it to be online well before the release of the early access. What would be the point of releasing a roadmap, specifically (be it partial) about this subject, a few days before or on the release date?

I don't mind the wait. I think @DethBringa is spot on in his previous post. We are not complaining about the delay but we are fidgety while waiting and are very excited. I do think it's very important they keep communicating with us. Like I said before, communication is the 2nd most important aspect of every project. Explain what you're doing, explain why things could be taking a little longer, and you probably have a very happy and understanding community (like this one). But 3 updates in ~90 days is the absolute bare minimum. As a (IT) projectmanager, my clients would fire my a.. butt if I did anything like that.

But we are very forgiving, which is good. The world would be a better place if were all a little more forgiving to each other. But that's a whole nother discussion. :)
    • jamespants wrote:

b101uk wrote:

I don't expect any news until after mid April, after all I take their original "March" release to be the end of March and not the start of March, thus the extra few week they needed would be additive to the end of March - thus after mid April.
      Actually, to be frank I expect an update pretty soon. They specifically said in their last update to provide us with a roadmap covering certain aspects of the early access:
      "At the same time we’ll specify which game elements will be available at the start of the Early Access phase, and which features will be added during that phase or will be included with the release version of the game."

If the purpose of part of the roadmap is to inform us about which elements will be in the early access and which won't be, I expect it to be online well before the release of the early access. What would be the point of releasing a roadmap, specifically (be it partial) about this subject, a few days before or on the release date?

I don't mind the wait. I think @DethBringa is spot on in his previous post. We are not complaining about the delay but we are fidgety while waiting and are very excited. I do think it's very important they keep communicating with us. Like I said before, communication is the 2nd most important aspect of every project. Explain what you're doing, explain why things could be taking a little longer, and you probably have a very happy and understanding community (like this one). But 3 updates in ~90 days is the absolute bare minimum. As a (IT) projectmanager, my clients would fire my a.. butt if I did anything like that.

But we are very forgiving, which is good. The world would be a better place if were all a little more forgiving to each other. But that's a whole nother discussion. :)
      dependent on your age, but to many older people after "mid April" would be "pretty soon" and would qualify as the earliest point of a "few weeks" delay....... given it was also said "An exact date will be announced about two weeks before release", or given a "few weeks" can reasonably 2 to 5 weeks.
    • Fair enough, most of the comments about timing are all relative and could easily be interpreted as 2 days or 2 weeks. Could be age related, but I think in my case it's due to my profession. I'm not used to huge gaps between updates. I still think the updates and communication could be a bit more frequent. I rather have frequent small updates than once a month. But to each his own. :)
    • Coyote56 wrote:

The problem is not to be waiting the EA but to be in the dark. 20 days since the last news! One or two pictures please or better a video, something!
      Exactly! This is actually very bad move from MBB. I simply don´t get it what they want to achive with this level of communication. Nowadys companys need to atract new customers in every way possible and also keep the existing customers, but looks like MBB don´t care about this problem at all, which is really bad for them. I know many of you will say "yea they don´t have time to give us updates, bcs they are working on game", but I´m sorry this should not be the excuse. I´m sure that is not only my opinion, but opinion of many supporters that invested real money in the MBB.
    • We can complain, we can get frustrated, but let's be patient and wait for news / some concrete data on what we will get in the end. Yes, I agree that they have much to learn about communication with a community. But spamming the forum with what we're missing after 20 posts won't change the fact of what they are doing. Sure, it's not a bad thing to let off steam, but keep in mind that the developers are most likely stressing out ATM. So complain about the project / delivery manager instead. But much better, focus on the things you like about CnC. What is getting you hyped, what you're hoping will absolutely be in the final game. Or what you guys think of the released footage till now and are hoping they will show off before the EA is actually getting started and we all are to busy enjoying every single bit of what we can from the game.

So, instead of getting more negative here, try and become a positive community. That's much funier and nicer for all of us. And yes, you payed money, but there is nothing in the "contract" about keeping us in the loop every day / week. (How naturally that might sound).

Yes, I complained too about communication from they're side. But I'm getting tired about that being the only thing that's getting posted here... So be positive.

When you're still reading, thank you!

As for what I'm hoping they will defenitely getting right is the dynamic ground and helpers that are able to work on their own. I played alot of farming simulators, but still missed the part of wanting to play single player and not getting things done right because the helpers were to dumb... So I got my hopes high for this one. Absolutely looking forward to is.

I also hope they will include more brands and models over time. As well as different maps (European, US and maybe something like Asian/Russian). Still searching the forums every day for nice things, so hey, let's get there :).
    • Tenevie wrote:

We can complain, we can get frustrated, but let's be patient and wait for news / some concrete data on what we will get in the end. Yes, I agree that they have much to learn about communication with a community. But spamming the forum with what we're missing after 20 posts won't change the fact of what they are doing. Sure, it's not a bad thing to let off steam, but keep in mind that the developers are most likely stressing out ATM. So complain about the project / delivery manager instead. But much better, focus on the things you like about CnC. What is getting you hyped, what you're hoping will absolutely be in the final game. Or what you guys think of the released footage till now and are hoping they will show off before the EA is actually getting started and we all are to busy enjoying every single bit of what we can from the game.

So, instead of getting more negative here, try and become a positive community. That's much funier and nicer for all of us. And yes, you payed money, but there is nothing in the "contract" about keeping us in the loop every day / week. (How naturally that might sound).

Yes, I complained too about communication from they're side. But I'm getting tired about that being the only thing that's getting posted here... So be positive.

When you're still reading, thank you!

As for what I'm hoping they will defenitely getting right is the dynamic ground and helpers that are able to work on their own. I played alot of farming simulators, but still missed the part of wanting to play single player and not getting things done right because the helpers were to dumb... So I got my hopes high for this one. Absolutely looking forward to is.

I also hope they will include more brands and models over time. As well as different maps (European, US and maybe something like Asian/Russian). Still searching the forums every day for nice things, so hey, let's get there :).
      I really want that this game would be successful and as big in the future as Farming Sim. I just wish the CnC atracts more new players. Bigger community, more players, more money, more quality and creative content for the game!
      I really apreciate what you wrote and agree. We should stop with crying about no updates and info and focus in more positive subjects, I was just really frustrated about no news from MBB.
    • It's so nice to see that positivity also can be contagious. I also hope it becomes bigger then Farming Sim, not because that franchise is not good, but because they don't really do that much innovative stuff lately. FS 17 compared to FS 15 didn't bring those changes I hoped for.

So MBB: keep you're goals on the horizon, because they are what I'm aiming for with CnC.

Damn, still get so excited about this, it gives me a smile on my face.
    • Most important to my is to have simulatiom which was realistic as possible. This must be challenge. Of course that there is no possibilities to do all things as it is in real world, sure. Dynamic ground is something what this game need really bad, and i hope that physic on that terrain will be on the higher lewel. This is first main goal for my, content can be done later, but this things must be really good to not destroy game feeling. Anyway, this year we have some exceptation in farming simulators, and we see whon win this competition, i think that this is main reason why developers postopne it. You know that Pure Farming was be scheduled for early 2017, up to today is project still not yet done and information about is missing. So MBM have some more time to solve bugs or polish what they want to have in EA.
    • I do not mind the delay in the EA because they are taking the time to give us a stable and playable game in the very early stages of EA, I wish only more companies would do this. Lets not forget that developing any game is time consuming process but a game as complex as MBB are trying to achieve is harder so letting them take their time to develop and work out bugs is all our interests , no matter how excited we all are including me and trust me I am desperate to get my hands on the game.

In regard to the updates from MBB about the EA I don't think we will have to wait Long but I rather they gave us an updated on the development of cattle and crops when they have interesting news than it being a case of giving an news update because they have to every few weeks that would just get boring .

It's their game so leave it MBB to decide what is best and will agree with what they decide to do :)
      To make a good game takes and patients and time :)
    • Be Paitent, play another game.
      TBH, I am happy they are not posting updates and letting us know how they are getting on as this would mean one of them is not dedicating their full attention to fixing the bugs and sorting issues out ready for EA.

You have to remember, they are a brand new game development company, and most importantly I believe there is only 6 of them creating this game.

Yes, it would be nice to have an update every now and then but the less they give us, the more excited we are (well at least I am)
      News will come when they have hit the point that news is worth sharing.

If they were to post now saying "Nothings changes, were still fixing bugs" there would be some people out there who would winge and moan like crazy because it wasn't a good update.

On another note, if you read their last update they said "For that purpose we’re building a roadmap section on our website" what that means is they are BUILDING this new section of their website, that wont happen overnight webpages can take time to design, code & test, especially if they have more important things to work on.

Rant Over! :D
      Check out SOB Modding - www.modcentral.co.uk - Creators of Farming Simulator Mods!
    • Cfarrar1 wrote:

Be Paitent, play another game.
      TBH, I am happy they are not posting updates and letting us know how they are getting on as this would mean one of them is not dedicating their full attention to fixing the bugs and sorting issues out ready for EA.

You have to remember, they are a brand new game development company, and most importantly I believe there is only 6 of them creating this game.
      1. Making a small weekly update is not gonna take any attention away from the project. It's not a huge thing unless you insist that EVERY single update has to be a long and detailed with lots of information or a video. It could just be a 3D renderinger or a few lines.

2. The team is larger than 6, in 2015 it was 13 and today I'm sure it's even larger.

• I must say that i am not happy that we do not have new information but i fully understand this. As i say some time ago, maybe we will be surprised with content which we get in EA, maybe is here some new partners which MBM need or want in EA, maybe they want better physic from start and they don't know if they be succesful right now. Maybe some bugs. It's not easy to inform about some topics. Mainly if there is something what they are not sure about. In communication you must be aware to not promise something more, if you fail you will be critised. I thing that in right moment (i hope that will be soon) we get information and not about development but about release ;)