Early Access: the current state

• Gamerdude1977 wrote:

Who cares if they post pone it. I want it right. People just need to Lay Off and Let them do their job. Knowing some people that know the dev. and they say it is worth the wait. So chill and let them take as long as they have to to get it right.

Peace
      that seemed alittle aggressive. and unnecessary to say "i know the developers".

its ok to postpone it but are they doing it for the right reasons?
    • I agree with patience. You know what happend when you have EA which is unplayable or frustrating in some things. You need impress those gamers with EA too. Of course i have same feeling abou unpatience, i want play good game soon as possible, because FS17 is very disapointing. Give them some more time to polish EA enought to have a good feel.
    • Nobody is asking for a premature EA release, all people are asking is to be kept in the loop. Which I only think is fair, given people have already invested their money, and thereby faith and trust, in the project.

That said, I think the devs have solved this perfectly by making the roadmap to keep people updated on the progress. Everybody is happy with that :) It's easy for the devs and we, the investors, will be kept up to date with the progress and our investment.
    • roo4204 wrote:

the road map says march 17 but others say it wont b out till april i dont care when its relesed just want some real answers not the run around we all payed good money for this and the least they could do is give us better info
      Patience. This will be ready when it is ready. I also would like some more info but right now Masterbrain Bytes need to focus on their tasks and goals. There is a lot more behind the scenes that we don't see that needs to be done, so staying calm and letting them do their job is what needs to be done now.
    • Senior wrote:

roo4204 wrote:

the road map says march 17 but others say it wont b out till april i dont care when its relesed just want some real answers not the run around we all payed good money for this and the least they could do is give us better info
      Patience. This will be ready when it is ready. I also would like some more info but right now Masterbrain Bytes need to focus on their tasks and goals. There is a lot more behind the scenes that we don't see that needs to be done, so staying calm and letting them do their job is what needs to be done now.

roo4204, specifics of 17th March are news to me , March was all I was aware of ... nevertheless, your question/comment is fair enough.

Personally, I am checking in for info all the time and will hold off my own request for a genuine expectation date at least until the end of March if there hasn't been one by then. But MBB have already set an expectation loosely of a few weeks from as early as the beginning of March (if not end of Feb) so maybe we need to allow them the time they've already suggested they need ?

As you say, we all did indeed pay 'good money' and getting clearer expectations really is a duty (not legally) which MBB must fully observe if it is to maintain the communities' trust and belief. By and large, MBB have been doing this well so we're talking about keeping the momentum up on that front rather than build it anew.

At the end of the day, we all want to get access to the new shiny stuff now! I have belief any wait will be worth it in any case.
      For me, November is the more critical date .. that's the official release. The Early access is just getting Xmas toys early in truth though it also means we can help ensure a better product going forward.

Senior is right on two points but I cannot agree on another. MBB has to be allowed to focus energies on the development absolutely and we as a community, need to remain patient (which I see and perceive the community has in large doses here by the way) to allow them to develop. Fully agree. Difficult ain't it ?

The rest falls into the TL:DR category and maybe the stuff for a soapbox LOL. Recommend salt!

Triggered by a phrase used in Senior's reply, I trust Senior and roo4204 can accept that what follows is not as an attack but instead a debate on the broader discussion of how communities such as ours might develop and mature.

My disagreement is specific to the "This will be ready when it is ready" idiomatic phrase.

It's not that it's wrong ..... it's not and I can surmise that it comes from a genuine sense of support for MBB which I share. (wait a minute, I've said that I am disagreeing right ????? LOL ) .... My point of disagreement is the usage of the phrase really. I don't accept that it fits appropriately in a discussion answering the above comment nor offers anything truly dependable to a new community building a relationship with a new developer.. I'm risking being rude here I know but I genuinely do not intend that.

The phrase means exactly what it says ...... and it says exactly what? As an answer to question about expectation setting, it would be unsatisfactory to me. I might even take it negatively.
      For me, it's an unbalanced position to quote. To some, the answer may be a "Whatever and Whenever" answer, whilst others may understand a measure of 'give it time folks' and appreciate the answer on those terms (incidentally that's my take away). It's not really satisfying either way.

In a worst case scenario (and not MBB I am sure), a developer could, if they believe the community is relaxed and quite, decide to avoid any commitments altogether. This has happened of course and I'm not expected it here but equally, I caution against ever allowing that mindset to grow roots.

Ultimately, Senior's answer calling for Patience is spot on ... and equally important is roo4204's questions asking for an expectation.

That MBB repeatedly receive the message from the community that we are hungry for information, interested in updates, requiring of commitment that allow us to have genuine expectations and that in return for this transparency and communication, we as a community are supportive and do not seek to crucify MBB for any deviation from previous expectations is an important foundation to build.

This is the operation of a healthy relationship in which all parties feel valued and part of.

I'm getting off my soapbox now .... LOL
      Go Handy & Give 'er Lolly

The post was edited 3 times, last by JackWall: Spelling and rewording. ().

• Quite true. That phrase it'll be ready when its ready does make me think of Star Citizen who may have marginally missed their initial Q4 2014 release date of Squadron 42.

I understand 100% what you are saying and it makes perfect sense. MBB have been on the ball with updates and info and its great. As they continue their work they can see the light at the end of the tunnel but you never know what might pop up to give them issues. I can understand why they haven't given us a date due to that fact. Although I am still wondering if it will be during March or April. Guess thats just a wait and see. I'm hoping March (along with everyone else here). If it is, I'll be expecting the very end.
    • Very nice post JackWall and I share the same viewpoint to some degree :)

On the when will the game be released note thingyishish. We all should know that they asked for a few more weeks to finish EA to make sure everything is working as it should but that doesn't mean they NEED a few more weeks. I would rather like to think of it as them telling us that the game might be delayed by a few weeks because they have some problems with a few game aspect acting up which they might not be able to fix in time because they are have trouble pin pointing the cause of the issue and then as an "insurance"(english is not my native language and sometimes i can't remember the proper word to use so yeah sorry about that :P ) they asked for a few more weeks to complete it(turning it into an april launch) so that they were sure that they would be able to have it ready in a playable state. However this doesn't mean they still can't turn it into a March release, if they get a bit lucky they will be able to fix those issues faster than expected and giving them the option to come out and say that they managed to fix the game and that EA going to be released on schedule(March) and that way creating a really happy communtiy that will think of them as gods(having trouble coming up with the proper phrase I wanted to use here ;) )

but all in all I don't mind letting them take a few more weeks to finish this game as long as they keeps us somewhat in the loop, which by the sounds of it they are trying and going to do with the up coming Roadmap.

TL:DR

The game will be released soon and hey we have waited for this game for 2-3 years now, they might make it to a march release and if not then hey a few weeks wont kill you(I hope)

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram

The post was edited 2 times, last by Jeytav ().

• As everyone around, I'm happy that you preferred to deliver quality before anything else. If you believe it has not achieved a decent progress to be enjoyable for a first early access, it's better not to release it. It would just leave a bad opinion of your work to alot of people leading them to be frustrated and unsatisfied with the product. Keep working hard, hope to be able to try it soon.
    • In the real world it's same. You are investor, of course you have right to be better informed. But if something is going to be bad, you want as it is or you wait couple of weeks to have a good project. In IT it's, in gaming same. For small independent studios it's often to have it later. Or you want it like EA sports, for exaplne NHL for consoles, which is year after year released at the date, but often unfinished and almost unplayable ?
      It's your choice, but i prefer little delay before have unplayable product on date.
    • We are consumers. Investors buy in on a great idea, for a product that will feed a hungry market willing to pay for the product.Their goal is to earn back their investment n-fold.

There's a difference. I don't consider myself an investor just because I've pre-purchased the game for €33. Do you?
      Workstation: i7 5960x | 128GB RAM | GTX 1080
      HP Omen Laptop: i7 6700HQ | 16GB RAM | GTX 1070
    • I consider it as a investor, you know, kockstart is some fort of this platform. They need money to do this project, and they decide to ask crowd funding. So, you finance development. This is not classic pre-order, because you support development, not a cash flow as usual. In the case of pre-orded is exactly sayed what you get, in this case amount of possible "investors" decide quality and quantity of product, and maybe, if there was not be enought money, project cannon be finished. Of course as a real investor you will have share on revenues, this is diferent. But in the general, you invest your part of your money together with other people to bring this project alive. This is my POV.
    • Valid points. But I don't think we're in a position to rave about "you're too late". I'm sure they're fully aware there's a lot of us who's waiting for the first version. And I wish for the developers' sake there's not much crying about unfinished or unpolished experiences.
      Workstation: i7 5960x | 128GB RAM | GTX 1080
      HP Omen Laptop: i7 6700HQ | 16GB RAM | GTX 1070
    • If they have to reply every day then what's the progress they make? Some people see it as an investment and some demand money back because they didn't deliver in time. It's not the real world but it is real money I understand. Investing is always a risk in the real world.... You win some and you lose some. This is definitely a win win situation. The devs are teasing us. Bet they are testing alot now :)
      Proper Sim gamer. Rally games tractor and truck games. Bus games and train games you name it :)

• OlaHaldor wrote:

Valid points. But I don't think we're in a position to rave about "you're too late". I'm sure they're fully aware there's a lot of us who's waiting for the first version. And I wish for the developers' sake there's not much crying about unfinished or unpolished experiences.
      Once again: NOBODY has been raving about it being too late, so please stop coming up with that straw man argument. All I have seen is support, understanding for the delay and encouragement for the devs.

We who have put money into the project are by definition investors. The expectation might not be a financial profit, but instead we look to to profitise through a great gaming experience and entertainment. All people have been asking for is to be kept informed on progress, because history does shows that is carries some risk to invest in kickstarter projects. So to be kept informed is a way to know our money is in good hands and actually is being spend on the project and not fine wine dinners and strippers for the devs.

You might not see yourself as and investor, and that is of course fine, but you nevertheless are :)
    • Yes agree. Early access is part of game with some minor bugs which is available earlier. They must have a good game out, not depend if it's early access. This is not a beta access, which can carry major bugs and non-functioná features. Early access must be on the higher level. All what we want is fully working EA. If they release it with major bugs which make game unplayable, you must wait for patch anyway. So it's better to not be upset with unplayable game and take them some more time. This is not about months, but some weeks. Maybe they don't have finished some license process which they need. Maybe some other issues. A wish them an to us good luck to have soon release of great EA Cattle and Crops !