Early Access: the current state

• I see the uneasiness starting to creep in. I only just arrived on the scene today as it took me longer than I expected to have the $ for this game. I can see the community is in the right headspace i.e. that no rush, just release it when its ready attitude. Don't let any worries change that. If in doubt look at what happened with no mans sky. they were pushed and poked and prodded and they even received death threats when they spoke about delays. The result? an unfinished game that ppl hated.
      Let the standing, chill, awesomeness that you all have continue to flow, I'm 100% sure that the devs appreciate the patience and support and the silence is (as said) them working hard to get us this piece of magic as soon as its ready for us.

I'm hyped for this game. FS15 is broken, fs17 looks like a clone of fs15, pure farming looks like it could have died off. CnC has waaaaaaay more than any of them and is active. HYPE TRAIN IS REAL!

Anyways, 1st post, 1st thoughts.
      To the community, you all rock!
      To the devs, you all rock!
    • DethBringa wrote:

I see the uneasiness starting to creep in. I only just arrived on the scene today as it took me longer than I expected to have the $ for this game. I can see the community is in the right headspace i.e. that no rush, just release it when its ready attitude. Don't let any worries change that. If in doubt look at what happened with no mans sky. they were pushed and poked and prodded and they even received death threats when they spoke about delays. The result? an unfinished game that ppl hated.
      Let the standing, chill, awesomeness that you all have continue to flow, I'm 100% sure that the devs appreciate the patience and support and the silence is (as said) them working hard to get us this piece of magic as soon as its ready for us.

I'm hyped for this game. FS15 is broken, fs17 looks like a clone of fs15, pure farming looks like it could have died off. CnC has waaaaaaay more than any of them and is active. HYPE TRAIN IS REAL!

Anyways, 1st post, 1st thoughts.
      To the community, you all rock!
      To the devs, you all rock!
      Indeed Id second that they can take as long as they like as long as they get it right and they do it before they run out of cash of course :P
      Yes what happened to NMS is quite amazing i don't get how that happened i bought it and i got exactly what i expected but a vast amount of people seem to be away in some dream land with it and quite scarily too. Just goes to show how hype can kill a game....

Also what has happened to pure farming ??? it said it would be out "early" 2017 so is it still early haven't heard or seen anything from them. The game play looks naff anyway but the different world locations and crop types was sure interesting shame...

Good things come to those who wait ;)
    • I don't really have an issue with waiting, if the wait is reasonable and it results in quality. I'm also intimately familiar with (complex) software development, all of it's inherent challenges, and the (usually inevitable) delays.

However, it is not lost on me that I (and everyone else here that has paid in advance) have effectively given the developers an interest-free loan. In that way, I'm not unlike an investor in their endeavor; I stand to lose my investment if they fail, so I have a vested interest in how they are progressing.

That in mind, I don't think it is too much to ask that they provide an update every week or so. I don't even necessarily need to see pictures or video; just a little summary of their progress would suit me fine!
    • Parad0x177 wrote:

That in mind, I don't think it is too much to ask that they provide an update every week or so. I don't even necessarily need to see pictures or video; just a little summary of their progress would suit me fine!

I very much agree. The silence is beginning to nag me a little and I don't think it's too much to ask for a little weekly up date. Just to show they are still around. I don't want MBB to rush anything, but I think it's only fair to us who has given economical support for the project, that we are given a little info on progress, a sign of activity or something else to sweeten the waiting time. Or else I'm afraid the the good-will and positive energy surrounding the project will start to run out and maybe even turn against MBB.

Two weeks of silence after putting out a delay message is too much. Let us know what's going on and be honest. If things aren't going to well and further delay might be on the horizon, let us know. As long as we know the project still moves forward, I'm sure most people will have a lot of patience, after all, we invested in the project, we don't want to see it fail. We just want to know what's up and what to expect to we can adjust expectations accordingly.
    • What annoys me is demand of some people here. Try making your own game and release it with tons of bugs. See how many complaints you get and saying how bad the game is blah blah. Let the devs do their work and wait. They won't listen to people like you. Patience is some that always pays off. We all want the same thing but let's keep this forum professional.
      Proper Sim gamer. Rally games tractor and truck games. Bus games and train games you name it :)

• You dont understand it. We payed for a product and were all looking forward for it. They're making it, they couldn't get it finished in time. Does'nt matter, becuz we all know somehting like that could happen. The problem is: they dont inform us about the progress. Watch other games in EA phase: for instance Traction wars, nearly every week an update what they're doing and what theyre working on. Thats how it should be done. Thats professional!
    • peterpub wrote:

I would rather them focus on making the game better than making screenshots/videos/posts.

I'm pretty sure everything is fine. Have faith ;)
      they should have somebody working the forums for publicity and their team for development as a seperate entity or else it feels like they are doing nothing. even as a voluntary job somebody should be there to work the community to.

Edit : we are not a patient community or we would not be spamming this thread with words like "screenshot" etc.
    • The waiting is hard, but I think it is wise for them to take more time to refine the game, especially if they watched the drama over Farming Simulator 17...

It went something like this...
      --FS17 Game trailer was released...People were thrilled with what they saw...then angry when they realized what they saw was a CGI trailer and not actual game footage...significant backlash.
      --Game was released...with lots of bugs. Many improvements and/or features people asked for were no where to be found. Many were frustrated.
      --3 Months after release, a patch is finally released...but it actually INTRODUCED bugs to the game and even further broke some things that the patch was supposed to fix...There was a lot of anger over putting out a patch too quickly without the right testing.
      --There is more, but you get the idea. There are MANY comments at the FS forums about people being angry with Giants and, because of that, being eager for C&C.... In other words, Giant's sloppiness have actually encouraged people to go to a competitor...an opportunity which C&C had better not screw up.

So, if C&C can learn from Giants FS17 experience, it would be to 1) LISTEN to your customers and 2) Do a thorough job of getting your act together BEFORE releasing your product to an already eager audience. I for one am hoping they hit a homerun when the game is released.
    • Funny how everyone dislikes my comment but it's true though. Yes we all want a relatively finished EA but not too buggy. Yes we all want screenshots or an update even me. But please don't tell me that I don't understand it because I do. But I'll apologize if I came across rude, that wasn't my intention. And I'm not here to argue or be annoying but I want this community to be fun and professional so that wel all can play together when the game comes out :) I think we all will be suprised when they release the EA at the end of the week.
      Proper Sim gamer. Rally games tractor and truck games. Bus games and train games you name it :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lee01Mr ().

• I think a tiny bit of information about the development every 2 week's would be nice to have. But I would rather they polished off the game to not disappoint allot of people who have been waiting for the features in the EA.

as a Side note what's going on with the Dislikes to Lee01Mr Comments, Come on don't dislike peoples comments over petty things. Lets try to keep these forums a nice a positive place. ;)

Also Heres a reference to the Risks and challenges section of the website:

Risks and Challenges

Compared to projects that only consist of a basic concept, our failure risk is considerably lower. What you see in our videos or screenshots is always real gameplay material, showing that the project has made good progress so far, but that the journey has only just begun. We have a working game with (almost) all core features that feels more and more like a finished product every day. It would be sad if the project wasn’t finished at all or major features were not included.

Cattle and Crops is a very complex software project, and as such, can oftentimes entail unforeseen bugs and issues. Finding and fixing those can be very time consuming and sometimes even cause a delay in the schedule. We have already calculated some extra time for possible problems like this in our roadmap - but it could mean that we can’t deliver each milestone on the exact promised date.
      Feed the World... One Field At a Time :thumbsup:

CnC Roadmap sorted by Milestones

The post was edited 2 times, last by AgriMax1998: Added Risks and challenges to the post ().

• When it's quiet it's a good thing. This means that the team are working really hard at doing their job. I could only imagine that the main goal for the CnC team is to make the early access available to supporters but they don't want to start on the wrong foot with a crappy product. I say give the CnC team the time they need and it will be worth it.

It seams that their main focus right now is getting the early access right and making videos is not high up on the list. Let's give them the time they need and see what they come up with. As excited as I am for this game I believe we have to wait for now.
    • I think it's good to see them quietly working and delaying as necessary for a quality product, we wouldn't want this to become another Agrar simulator which was always rushed, and as such was so buggy as to be borderline unplayable. Yes we all want updates and pictures but I'd rather be amazed with a final product instead of disappointed due to an unreal hype train.

just my $.02
    • I'm sure the purpose of EA was never meant to be 100% playable i do not understand why people think that it will be nearly version 1.0 standard by now. after all they do give themselves until i think it was November to make the final playable product.From what i read people are expecting all features to work almost 100% am i wrong? a "polished" product should not be worked upon until after EA just to release something that gives a "teaser" to what is to come.

Alpha/Beta stages are expected to be maybe 40-50% playable and its the communities job to collaborate with the developer to make it better up unto release of the final product 1.0 before they work on DLC.

I alone dont expect the EA to be perfect.

The post was edited 1 time, last by leviathonbeast ().

• @leviathonbeast: The game should be mostly bugfree and polished before the 1.0 release. I do think they give themselves a pretty tight deadline tho.

Its fine for EA titles to be buggy, but i also understand they dont want to release an EA version that is riddled with bugs, because people will be disapointed. Disapointed customers write negative reviews, wich is bad for the game & the developer.
    • xeran wrote:

@leviathonbeast: The game should be mostly bugfree and polished before the 1.0 release. I do think they give themselves a pretty tight deadline tho.

Its fine for EA titles to be buggy, but i also understand they dont want to release an EA version that is riddled with bugs, because people will be disapointed. Disapointed customers write negative reviews, wich is bad for the game & the developer.
      it seems like you didnt really understand me.

they cant be 100% bugfree in EA or why make an EA in the first place? why not say release will be version 1.0 and have most known bugs ironed out.

only idiots will review a game in its early stages saying it was bad because of known bugs not fixed yet. intelligent players will see that they will be fixed in due time and the community will search for unknown bugs meantime.

again i will write a review and i will base it upon features i see starting to be implemented such as the physics engine for the ground and puddles and the AI and the weather system etc. i will not write something about a day in the game that sunny weather didnt work right im sure the developers will fix things like that in due course. the only need to be negative is when the developers really have not tried their best and show it through their work.
    • Hi,
      I understand the decision to move the release date, but I do not understand why there are no new videos, photos and even less a demo ..... not even know an official release date of the game (that I remember, not even complete all the functionality) .... some friends, laughing, suggests that will not come out ........

I await
      to developments .....
      :P :P :P :P :P :P
    • Well I do understand why you wanted to postpone the EA, firstly you have to release a game that's playable in order for players to test it and getting a game that runs at 15 fps on a high end machine is a no go for EA. Secondly with the amount of EA that gets released now a days and the amount of those running and looking like they were in pre-pre-alpha are high as well as the amount of EA being used as a quick money grab(not gonna name names here) so yeah I appreciate that you have decided to postpone the EA for a few weeks and with the update it sounds like you are getting really close to EA hopefully you'll still be able to turn it into a March EA release.

Cheers

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram