Early Access: the current state

• So I figured that I would put a link to a poll/survey on the german forums where the person asks if people are getting emails whenever mbb sents out new updates.

So far it actually seems to be a big problem with almost 70% of the voters not getting any emails. Personally I Have gotten 3 this year (Mission #1 update, Joskin modular update and a create your own account email), I recieved 7 in 2016 and then my first one in 2015 (not counting the 2 mails about confirming my email). I recieved all the kickstarter updates but only a few emails about the actual updates on mbb's website.

The 2 voting options are:

• Ja bekomme regelmässig Emails von MBB bzw Cattle and Crops zbs. abonierte Themen. --> I get regular emails from MBB about CnC and topics I have subsribed to etc
      • Nein tote Hose kommt nichts. (auch nicht im Spamfach) --> Nope I don't get anything. (nothing in my spam folder either)

So if you wouldn't mind then I would urge you to go an put your vote here Bekommt ihr Emails und Benachrichtigungen

Now as a test to fix this issue I have added MBB's email account to my contacts(the one that sends out news) mainly because I have seen other devs etc suggests that you add that email to your contacts to ensure you get their emails. The way I'm testing it is by using 2 of my emails, I have added them to my contacts on the one I backed the project with. Both of my accounts has the same amount of emails from them so far, so it should be fairly easy to see if it has made a difference

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Any new guesstimates of EA release from MBB? Not looking for a 100% accurate release date, just a rough "at the current rate we're looking like month X". Last prediction we had was March, overshot that but meh stuff happens, no biggy. Just would like a new estimate.

Nov? Dec?
      Even a Q4 2017? Q1 2018? estimate would be something.

As I said, not a concrete date and if something pops up which pushes a delay past that date (which can easily happen when you have stealthy bugs hiding and waiting for that date XD ), its not a problem as its not an official release date, just a guesstimate.
    • Memphis wrote:

[*]28

Vor 2 Stunden+10
      Im Bezug auf euren Wunsch nach mehr Transparenz was den Status der von euch reporteten Bugs angeht haben wir uns zu einer Änderung entschlossen:

Wir werden die alte Roadmap überarbeiten. Ihr könnt dadurch genauer nachverfolgen, woran wir momentan arbeiten und welchen Status die von euch reporteten Bugs haben. Die neue Übersicht wird euch ebenfalls eine Vorschau auf die kommenden Updates, bzw. deren Inhalt geben.

Nähere Infos gibt es im Laufe der nächsten Woche.

Schönes Wochenende euch allen!

Sorry, my english is not enough to translate.
      next week new Roadmap with Buglist (%Status of work at it)
      System Update
      Display Spoiler

Desktop
      CoolerMaster HAF-X I CoolerMaster 1000W RS-A00-ESBA Netzteil I
      Ryzen 7 5800x
      MSI B550 Gaming Plus I G-Skill 3200 Ram 2x16Gb I Radeon RX6700X I
      1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2
      CPU Wassergekühlt (selbst zusammengestellte Kühlung)

Laptop:
      I7 6700HQ I GTX1070 I 17,3" FullHD I 16GB DDR4 I 512GB M.2SSD
      Kühlpad
    • Quick translation:

In regards to your desire for more transparency about the bugs that has been reported we have decided to make some changes.

We have decided to rework the old roadmap. You'll now be able to see what we are currently working on and the status of the bugs you have reported. The new update will also give you are preview of upcoming updates and their content.

More info will be released next week.

So without knowing exactly I would imagine this would end up looking a bit like the way Studio Wildcard keeps players up to date on ARK where they show what new content will come in the next update and possibly whats coming "further out".

In any case I'm looking forward to this :D

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Personally I start to be quite annoying in how things are going, I can understand that it takes more time than expected to advance but not the little transparency that show these last 4 months.
      If I am aware that the game is not in a suitable state to throw the EA they also have to be.It can not be that the roadmap shows certain states and then takes 3 weeks to introduce something as simple (if it was actually done) as a building and the slurry tank. And also full of bugs.
      I do not believe the roadmap at all, I find it hard to believe that everything is almost finished but it takes almost two months to implement 4 machines ...
      At this rate, September will arrive and we will leave without complete cycles in the crops, without the economic factor ...

Regards
    • Patience is important in this case.

There were several risks / dangers explained, or described about this way of development in other threads.

How could have devs known about current problems for example with AMD graphic performance, when all of them work with Nvidias, even when engine was developed for all systems.
      Another thing is, that it was stated, respectively decided during the time, that issues will be solved part by part. Not like whole big project. They are adding machines and features one by one, to have chance quite clear removing issues with added things. Devs are taking usually a week for removing known / reported issues. That's why it's time consumpting and 4 machines took 2 months. But if you wonder, there was not just machines.
      Have you ever made/edited some mods/scripts? If you have, you would know it is quite time consumpting thing.

Yes, someone could say, they shouldn't announce some particular dates of release, if things go so slow, but probably devs assumed the things will go easier.
      If we want good and tuned game, we must wait. We all are testers and as we can see not to all it goes well.

They must solve current situation in accordance to try satisfy all of us. And eventual statements in style "they should announce releasing later, when all features are ready to release" are ridiculous. Because there we have another thing. They had to announce something, to tell us they exist and creating this (in my opinon great) project to be able to start the kickstarter for funding the continuous development.
      If devs would have worked in secret longer, they would stop developing due to lack of finaces.

Well, I think they react as they can. Last thing about transparency. Memphis has explained it in this or other thread. If devs would delay themselves with every day official reports what are they doing, they would do almost nothing. Most of this features were explained in kickstrater campain statements and in official statements at web pages and accros this forum.

I wonder why people complain. They should understand current situation based on last statements and wait and believe. We may play something else in meantime. Not to be horny for releasing EA in stated date and await super tuned hard core simulator. It will come during a time. Look at several times mentioned Star Citizen.

Take it as my own opinion, I definitely don't want to obtrude it to others.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dylan81 ().

• I somewhat agree with @Dylan81 recently seen a number of games released as Early Access titles or fully released games that have been released way too early with large amount of bugs causing negative and mixed reviews.

Personally IMO I think that MBB are doing it right way, pushing updates step by step allowing them to tackle the bugs in small phases rather trying to tackle large amounts of bugs.

Releasing a stable and not too early build for Early Access. The team is small and has a huge task/project which will take time and patience.

Some games have been in development for 2-3 years are even more, and are still in development are just being released as Early Access or fully finished released game. These things take time and with the other competitor that has been around for couple of years, to get the full potential and success it needs to be done properly and with care.

The post was edited 1 time, last by FS98 ().

• I agree @Dylan81 right now patience is the key. Things did go as planned and MBB had been pretty straight forward and honest about that and since @Memphis has been added to the team communications has improved immensely. A thing I put in high regard.

As of now I've turned my focus back on FS17 for farming simulation and last week I spend 40+ hours on making my favorite map Seasons mod ready, so I can enjoy playing this between CnC updates and make the waiting time tolerable. I still think CnC has huge potential and will become a serious challenger for the throne of Farm sims (yes, it's Game of Thrones season, haha). As a person who was with FS since the early days I remember how much of a mess that game was when it started out with constant crashes and load other problems and a modsystem that was just awful. But over the past 8 years they have improved heavily and I think CnC will do the same and will do it faster.
    • A small info update of what we are working on at the moment:

For more transparency in the overview, collection and fixing of bugs, we are currently working on an update of the roadmap. It will contain a public bugtracker, so you can see what we are working on. The overview will also have some kind of preview of what you expect in the following content updates.

We are also working on a content update which will be released in the next days. Furthermore we are fixing bugs, testing and implementing the fixes and solutions. As always, you can see the results in the changelog of the update.
    • Memphis wrote:

A small info update of what we are working on at the moment:

For more transparency in the overview, collection and fixing of bugs, we are currently working on an update of the roadmap. It will contain a public bugtracker, so you can see what we are working on. The overview will also have some kind of preview of what you expect in the following content updates.

We are also working on a content update which will be released in the next days. Furthermore we are fixing bugs, testing and implementing the fixes and solutions. As always, you can see the results in the changelog of the update.
      what will be in the update?
    • Memphis wrote:

As always, you can see the results in the changelog of the update.
      AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

:S
      My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
      Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
      :S
    • TheCoCe wrote:

If there are no considerable changes on these features, why would they update it? They are pretty busy fixing existing bugs right now and not working on further refining these features.
      i believe they said their working on the alpha and tech-demo simultaneously, so i would assume they would update it some regarding the alpha features and progress, i dont see why they just dont release the alpha and just work on one version, the tech demo is just unfun right now for me.
    • brandonb21 wrote:

mmmBetty wrote:

Hmm, hopefully this new Roadmap update can help keep us in the loop a little more.
      that's what they said about the first road map, haven't updated it in weeks/months
      Can't remember when but some time ago they told us that they wouldn't update the current roadmap because they were focusing on fixing bugs. The first road map was made for us to keep track of where they were with the different components but as I mentioned above they "abandoned" this because the game suddenly required so much attention that they didn't have enough time to keep it up to date(can't update something if the devs are to busy working on bug fixes etc to give and estimate of the current progress).

What this news tells me is that they are finally at a stage where they have caught up with most of the bugs and feel ready to start sharing more stuff by being more transparent something that requires you have the time for it. Memphis might be the CM but he can't tell us anything if the other devs doesn't have time to tell him anything!

The reason to why they haven't released the "full" alpha is because of bugs if they released everything at once they would drown in bugs which would make it a lot harder to fix them. By working on the alpha with bug fixes and then releasing them via the tech demo they can work in a more controlled environment where they release updates with bug fixes, performance updates and new content until they are at a state where either all the content has been released or the game is so stable that they feel comfortable releasing the rest of the MS-1 stages, they could even end up releasing MS-2 stages at the same time if the game is stable enough and the content is at a releasable state.