Player Controls vs Vehicle Controls

• Player Controls vs Vehicle Controls

Hi, does anybody know how to separate the player controls from the vehicle controls or is this not possible yet?

searching this forum i found out how to finally get completely rid of the steering dead-zone by editing the input config file, awesome :D
      ... but now the player character is always sidestepping lol
    • I've been trying to set up controls on this game for about 6 months now, and I'm still not able to make it work. Been gaming 20 years, and I've never seen a game so lacking in input structure. Just downloaded the early access, and I still can't actually play the game. I thought maybe you'd sort it for the early access, but not yet. I'll wait for the alpha then. Seems like a great concept. Too bad I've yet to actually try it.
    • Whodeaux wrote:

I've been trying to set up controls on this game for about 6 months now, and I'm still not able to make it work. Been gaming 20 years, and I've never seen a game so lacking in input structure. Just downloaded the early access, and I still can't actually play the game. I thought maybe you'd sort it for the early access, but not yet. I'll wait for the alpha then. Seems like a great concept. Too bad I've yet to actually try it.
      I'm afraid I have to agree. (And I've been gaming with most every platform that ever was, in just about every genre, since the Atari 2600 came out, if that tells you anything.) I have literally thousands of hours in various simulators, starting with MS Flight Simulator 1.0, right up to FS17. Oh, and the computer engineering degree doesn't hurt when it comes to sorting this stuff out.

In spite of all that, it took me some time just to get steering to work. (Though admittedly, I got annoyed and just stopped trying for a few of the earliest versions.) Even now (months later) the basic vehicle controls are still awkward and just seem "off". And, if possible, all of the "secondary" controls are seem even more cryptic to sort out. Combine those experiences with the fact that I have to "drive" my avatar with the same controls as the vehicles and the result is that it just takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Don't get me wrong; I know it is still a bit early yet. (Development-wise, not original schedule wise...) I would just like the developers to spend some time getting the human interface stuff sorted out. I think if they made it easier for players to get started, more people might be willing to spend more time essentially paying to test and debugging their game. (I know I would.)
    • Two excellent posts above I am lucky using my old g27 setup I can get it firing so I can put in full days work on the farm, not perfect, but very workable. I am sure the folks who have created this great Simulator are aware of this as there are so many post's of frustration, I am sure and hoping it will be addressed as soon as possible, for you are exactly right, many more people would persevere with C&C, if this were so. For me it great and I am having the time of my life wading through all this. Good Luck.