Barn Pasture - Bulls can escape the barn - collission in texture missing?

• Barn Pasture - Bulls can escape the barn - collission in texture missing?

Bulls can leave the pasture on their own.
    To this results 2 errors with the pastures of the pastures.
    1. Bulls with closed gates of pasture simply pass through it. (there is video not processed, if necessary, I'll send)
    2. In some cases, the opening of the gate is triggered by the bull. Then other bulls also go without hindrance from the pasture.

After the release, the bulls diverge all over the map. They can be found on roads, fields. They go into the farm.
    All this interferes with the movement, especially of hired workers.
    In this case, the bulls are listed on the pasture and the only reliable way is to move them to Barn-Transfer and back to the pasture.

Unfortunately the screenshots with the open gates of the pasture are not preserved, although I did.
  • Or there should be a funtion to lock the gates manually ... Depending on the difficulty level
    AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

:S
    My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
    Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
  • When talking about difficulty, for exemple :
    • Arcade : Gates open automaticly when you get near
    • Medium : You have to open the geat manualy but no locking needed
    • Hardcore : if not locked, gate can be opened by cattles
    AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
    Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
  • Update version 0.1.2.1

I think I found the invisible gap in the pasture's fence next to the gate, where the bulls most likely escape through.
    At least it looks the collision misses in that short area.

It was random. When I was driving off one bull, from behind the fence, the gate closed when I was inside the pasture. Gate opens inside, but it looks the opening trigger is just outside the pasture gate. So I tried to go through the gate (it didn't go), so I moved left, along the gate and suddenly when I reached area next to the gate, I flew through the fence.

It should be on the right side of the gate, when you looking on the gate from outside the pasture.

Edit: It would be good to manage the opening of gates either some similar like Betimax bull carrier has (IC opening of aft door), or add the fences climbing skill :D in order to have possibility of escaping from the pasture, when door closes behind you (when the missing collision at the fence will be added only).

Edit2: Well, finally it's a little bit different. Whole right gate's wing is possible to go through (when gate is closed). At least for your avatar.
    And opening trigger inside the pasture is several meters from the gate. See added pictures.
    Images
    • cnc_20180315_134321_02.png

953.94 kB, 1,024×576, viewed 552 times
    • cnc_20180315_134442_09.png

932.61 kB, 1,024×576, viewed 531 times

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
    GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
    RAM - 8 GB
    Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 3 times, last by Dylan81 ().

• I'd say it might be some combination of random circumstances. It means that the bull was staying in the gate at the moment, when you reached the gate from outside. Maybe in some machinery, that's why you probably didn't concentrated for it and didn't realised the bull escaped.
    I'm just guessing, but from the knowledge that if you reach the gate from outside for few meters it will open.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
    GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
    RAM - 8 GB
    Win 7 64bit
  • Dylan81 wrote:

I'd say it might be some combination of random circumstances. It means that the bull was staying in the gate at the moment, when you reached the gate from outside. Maybe in some machinery, that's why you probably didn't concentrated for it and didn't realised the bull escaped.
    I'm just guessing, but from the knowledge that if you reach the gate from outside for few meters it will open.
    Hi,

I know what you mean. I know that it is still possible that cows can escape when you drive by the gate or when you unload cows then other cows can escape. But I did not get it working that a cow by itself - no matter inside or outside - could open the gate by itself.

So if a cow could trigger the door to open this would be a bug. If there would be no collision in the fence this would be a bug, too.
    If a cow stays within the gate while Ip opened it and it will not close because the is in between then this is no bug, too.

And if a cow escapes without bugusing ;) then the game offers a solution to get them back.

So if someone can replicate the problem it can be posted here.

Regards
    Nachtfalke
  • I don't know how, but I had a bull escape on 0.4.0.6 today. I was over working field 3 and noticed him wandering around an adjacent field. Being the curious sort, I took the animal trailer over to him and discovered that if the back doors are open the bull will walk up to the back of the trailer. I was unable to get him in the trailer but did lead him back to and into the pasture by slowly driving the tractor with the animal trailer doors open. I assume you can put them back via the menu but this was a fun experiment. :)
  • Your conclusion ist wrong - as offen when you are commenting things here.

The topic is about a Texture Missing or a collission Missing or a Trigger which opens Doors without User interaction.

But this is nothing anyone else can replicate anymore.

The only thing we know is that animals can walk outside barns and Pasture but there could be various different and valid reasons.

What Kerbo explained was more or less a fun fact how to get Bulls Back without menu.

Regards
    Nachtfalke