Will be the mods protected/encrypted?

• Steam workshop is the way to go if it is possible. 1 Click Installation saves a lot of issues, updates are pushed automatically when mods get updated, it is the most user friendly system.
      Either that or an ingame workshop similar to fs17 where mods can be published once confirmed by a member of MBB.

Second is an official website/section of forum made by MBB where they have auto installation execs.

Third choice is free for all like most fs mods, at the end of the day original creators end up being screwed over this way.

• In all honesty modders needs to be credited for their work and if you want to use another authors object/script etc then ASK if they decline then make your own. maybe add an option for people donate when they download a mod like the way you can on the nexus sites

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • mmmBetty wrote:

Steam workshop is the way to go if it is possible. 1 Click Installation saves a lot of issues, updates are pushed automatically when mods get updated, it is the most user friendly system.
      Either that or an ingame workshop similar to fs17 where mods can be published once confirmed by a member of MBB.

Second is an official website/section of forum made by MBB where they have auto installation execs.

Third choice is free for all like most fs mods, at the end of the day original creators end up being screwed over this way.
      Steam workshop is great when a game is done and don't get many updates but for a game that gets regular updates the cons outweigh the pros. When when an update is pushed on steam for the game you can't play it until that update is installed, and if that update breaks mods then you need to play without the mods which in turn may break your game.

Opting for the giants way is would be the perfect way, mods will be stored in a controlled environment, people can still download and upload to another website but the majority of the players will use this function because it's nice and easy if done correctly.

Last option is the least attractable, but if they can make a deal with a proper mod hosting website like nexus(yes I know I have mentioned them a lot but it's a really nice mod hosting site and it's growing I have used them for mods since Oblivion))

with that out of the way.

No I have not made an original mod yet, well except for a Slurry tanker back in fs09 which I made in a collab with some friends.

I have made some minor maps for personal use in FS11-13-15-17 and some other minor mods in other games but never released them mainly becayse I never had the time to finish them completely because I was busy doing other stuff in my free time. I am planning on making a map for cattle and crops that will get released, if I ever get it done :P

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Jeytav wrote:

samgun95 wrote:

what about modhoster as the main mod site as some of the team worked on it and modhoster seems to be supporting the game. :)
      bahahha yeah I actually forgot about that xD yeah I guess that would be a pretty good choice
      This is just pure speculation mabey they might be able to incorparte modhoster servers into a ingame modhub . 8o
      To make a good game takes and patients and time :)
    • In answer to "How many in this thread have made an original mod" ... I have made a TON of mods. However I have never uploaded or shared any of my mods, nor will I.

I hate to stir the craze here, but if someone shares their mod to everyone else, then they can't complain if others like the work and want to add to it.

I consider game modding to be huge and important, but I want C&C to focus on giving me tools to be creative. Don't distract them with extra fluff. Modders are responsible for their own security. It's a choice every modder makes ... period.
      Faelandaea has been acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.