To the Devs a Warning..

• To the Devs a Warning..

Hey guys,

I'm a Kickstarter Backer and love the game, also I can't wait for it to be finished. There is one thing I must say though. I have been away from the past few builds of the game for quite some time so I could jump in and see how progress has been going and have some fun. I have also been reading that you plan to go to Steam EA in October which is this month.

This is where I have an Issue. Please hear me out.
      This is not ready for EA. Please DO NOT bring this game to Steam EA. It will be Review Bombed by so many people and it's reputation will be ruined. My suggestion is to continue what you are doing and wait for a Steam Release when the game is properly Finished. Releasing to EA will just ruin the game's future. I have seen it many times over and I know you probably are doing it to gain some additional support money wise, but there will be nothing but refunds and negative reviews with the current state the game is in.

It's very buggy and unfinished in the state it is in right now with what I have played. Unless you are holding some sort of build that is light years more advanced and polished than that of the demo I would really Hold off from Steam EA unless you want your game to be destroyed by negative reviews and forgotten in the midst of the thousands of EA games on Steam.

The only reason I am saying this is because I have seen it happen to so many games I have enjoyed and I love the concept of this game that's why I backed it. At this point though it's pretty much still a tech demo and tech demo's don't go well in Steam EA. People are expecting a fleshed out Beta soon to be released and working properly with quite a bit of content available and minimal bugs. This game is not that at this stage.

I hope you take this as kindly as possible and think about it more before leaping into the lion pit with Steam EA.

Continue to work hard and I thank you for your great work on a new and innovative way into the farming simulation genre.
    • I 100% agree and support the idea too many games have been rushed into Early Access game and hit with bad reviews and refunds. I see the potential in Cattle and Crops and it's future. But at the moment there is even some small minor bugs that are annoying which aren't fixed. As well as the usual large bugs that are being reported.

I personally would take your time and release a stable build as possible even if delaying the Early Access for a month or two trying to reduce the major bugs first as well as the small annoying bugs than release Early Access.
    • I understand that the devs whant to push out EA due to it already being almost 6 months late and a hate train might come if they push it forward more.

BUT as people before me said, this build is no where near stable enough imo. There are bugs left from the early builds that have not been adressed yet.

Focus on making the game stable and the basics work in the upcoming patch.