Tech-Demo Release v0.0.9.5 - Changelog

• Tech-Demo Release v0.0.9.5 - Changelog

With today’s update we introduce animal farming to Cattle and Crops. You can now buy, sell, transport and feed your bulls. We give you the the appropriate machines to do this, like the Strautmann Verti-Mix 1801 Double, the silage shovel Typ S from Bressel and Lade, a Joskin Betimax RDS 9000 as well as the Claas front-loader FL-100 which fits the Arion.

You can buy your bulls at the trader and decide, if you want them delivered into the shed automatically or if you want to transport them yourself with the cattle truck and unload them at the farmyard. At the trader, in the shed and on the pasture there are transfer boxes in which you can move bulls via the menu. This is needed so you can target the specific bulls you want to transfer.

At the moment we don’t have additional ingredients for mixing the fodder. You can gather fodder from the silo, put it into the fodder mixing wagon and fill the feeding troughs in the shed. However, we have built in a little effect: The fodder will be optimized a little bit, when you use the mixing wagon. We call it SuperSilo2000!

The silo can’t be covered and uncovered at the moment, for the time being we have placed an already filled one.

The models of the bulls, like the other ingame characters, are only placeholders and will be reworked later, together with the animations.

You can now also hire an employee to drive the Claas Jaguar. We have fixed the issues with plowing and cultivating and the employees can again be used for these tasks. We are working on a solution for the headland, at the moment the drivers can only make a turn outside of the field.

We are also working on a solution to fix the CPU spikes when loading/unloading, which many of you have addressed. We’re making good progress in this matter and try to release an appropriate update soon.

For the release on Steam we have assembled all required machines now. Also planned for the start of the EA, but not quite finished yet, is a new and bigger map. From now on we focus increasingly on open bugs of the last updates and improve and enhance things like the silo, AI, work processes, usability etc. to be able to release a stable Steam version soon. Following the bug fixes and optimizations of the Early Access v0.1.0 there will be new crop and greenland functions with respective machines.

As always, you can find more improvements, changes and fixes for bugs you have reported in the changelog.

We hope you have fun testing!

Changelog v0.0.9.5:

• NEW: Fodder mixing wagon Strautmann Verti-Mix 1801 Double
      • NEW: Joskin Betimax RDS 9000
      • NEW: Front-loader Claas FL-100
      • NEW: Bressel und Lade silage shovel Typ S
      • NEW: Animal trader, barn and feeding sites
      • NEW: Quest: Buy, sell, feed and transport animals
      • NEW: Animals can now be bought and sold at the trader
      • NEW: You now have the option to mix or convert fodder, for example the new SuperSilo2000
      • NEW: The basic functionalities for attracting and driving off animals have been implemented so that they are drawn to the fodder mixing wagon for instance
      • NEW: A Popup that checks with the user, if a running mission should really be closed

• BUG FIX: Corrupt save games are now deleted automatically when they couldn’t be loaded correctly
      • BUG FIX: Problems with file paths in Linux have been fixed (when using capitals in the login name and in the XFS file system)
      • BUG FIX: Cultivating, chopping and plowing with the AI is possible again
      • BUG FIX: Employees can again be recruited via the task menu
      • BUG FIX: The chaser doesn’t run into the chaff cutter but tries to maneuver around it
      • BUG FIX: The employee/chaser doesn’t try to drive through walls after unloading
      • BUG FIX: The Ball head suspension of the sprayer and the slurry tank behave realistically when attached to a tractor
      • BUG FIX: Vehicles spawn correctly again, even when their bounding box is close to the ground
      • BUG FIX: Vehicles spawning at the trader have a correct alignment again
      • BUG FIX: The turn signals on the hose linkage are switched off as well, when attached machines (e.g. slurry tank wagon) are detached
      • BUG FIX: The turn signal is now set back when steering in the other direction

• CHANGE: Updates now preliminary delete the old savegame that caused problems
      • CHANGE: The option for releasing the cursor has been changed to “activate mouse cursor”
      • CHANGE: The physics shape objects are now abstracted precisely instead of geometrically
      • CHANGE: The default order of the tabs in the employee menu have been changed
      • CHANGE: There are multiple sets now for activating the working lights
      • CHANGE: Better support for Linux open source GPU drivers
      • CHANGE: Better support for tessellation on older GPUs/drivers that don’t support OpenGL 4.5, but 4.0 or newer. The latter also applies for Windows
    • Not sure I like not having full control of the front loader, hopefully we will get full control instead of just 2 actions.

Edit:
      Noticed there are sliders for setting the loader in different positions, but would like to use a joystick. Any chance of getting controller bindings implimented.
      UserBenchmarks: Game 93%, Desk 73%, Work 82%
      CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - 75.2%
      GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 - 104.2%
      SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB - 64.8%
      HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2016) - 106.1%
      RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 2133 C15 2x8GB - 77.7%
      MBD: MSI A320M GAMING PRO (MS-7A39)
      :thumbsup:

The post was edited 1 time, last by showgunn84 ().

• showgunn84 wrote:

Not sure I like not having full control of the front loader, hopefully we will get full control instead of just 2 actions.

Edit:
      Noticed there are sliders for setting the loader in different positions, but would like to use a joystick. Any chance of getting controller bindings implimented.
      I would also like to see this implemented, currently just pressing 8 raises, you have no control if you wish to raise a little bit or all the way. The same with tipping, its either "up" or tipped all the way. For example, with a joystick you could push it up and when you move back to middle or lower it will stop at that height.
    • Yeah hiring a harverster helper seems to be buggy. As a workaround you can use the "addFieldWorkTask <vehicleID> <implementID> <fieldID>" command. Go into your fleet and look for the Jaguar's and Orbis' vehicle ID (for example Jaguar = 1, Orbis = 2), then you can use the command "addFieldWorkTask 1 2 4" to let him harvest field 4.
    • ok im enjoying this update thankyou. few bugs ive noticed, when i fill the joskin animal trailer with bulls, there off to the right hand side. so the left row is in the middle of the trailer and the right row is half in and half out of the trailer on the right side. i also cannot attach teh slurry spreader to the 940 if i have a front weight attached to the tractor, ill let you know anymore i find to help out. great work guys
      keep it up. drew
    • Loader controls

Wow that's some badness with using the front end loader.
      Mapped a key to the slot buttons the loader controls showed up on.
      Curl/uncurl bucket functions as a toggle. Stupid, but i can live with it for the purposes of a demo.
      Raise/lower boom doesn't work at all, unless you hold Shift key down.
      Which isn't listed in the key bindings anywhere.
      Driving while holding shift to keep the boom raised.. this is badness.

You need to add a bunch more key binding slots, or something.
      Clicking the boom up/down on the panel on the right doesn't seem to toggle it up/down position.

Why, oh why, would there not be a "up" button, a "down" button, etc. that moved the boom in small increments as it was tapped, going through it's range of motion when held?

Tried using the slider on the right, unuseable.

This is a pretty basic machine operation here. I'm sure it will be made to work correctly, game progress is coming along nicely.
      But not being able to map keys on my steering wheel to loader functions makes it unplayable.
      Which i don't understand, because the curl/uncurl function works correctly, as far as going thru it's full range of motion on button press.
      Boom function is utterly broken.
      R5 3900x / Crosshair 6 Hero / 32 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 / Vega 64 LC/ Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
      M.2 500GB / Samsung 840 Evo Sata 6 500Gb / 1TB WD Blue / Thermaltake 360mm AIO
      / Corsair HX 850w / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Win10 Home 64 bit / LG 34UM88C 3440 x 1440 21 x 9 monitor.
    • Hi,
      let me add some rating and description of bugs or little issues as ussual.

At first, I'd like to thank to devs for great job and big progress again. However there are still some bugs left.

Some bugs I found out:
      - returning of blinkers - nice, functional well at the tractor. I noticed, that unfortunatelly blinkers don't turn off autoamaticly on the trailers.

- Joskin Bull trailer - opening door, lowering, loading of bulls goes well, but trailer's aft door is impossible to close after load. So you must go with openned door.

- game doesn't crash after save anymore, but when you load saved game you appear and your figure start falling down under ground. There are also no machines, which you bought/used before save. Even in free play (when decline mission and save it after some gameplay). When you're down under ground, only help is, to buy some machine and move to it by Tab key.

- control of front loader (actually all features controled by slider). If you want to have smooth motion, you must map it to axis. Respectively you must map axis of controller in settings to some buttons 1-10 and than assign needed slider control to that number in the bar at the bottom of the screen.
      Shortly most of things controlled by pistons, must be mapped to axis, to achieve smooth motion.

I'd like to ask if possible to change it in the future. It would be better to control it's motion by holding a key. For example I'd like to use POW pin at the joystick. You might assign at least 4 keys to it (to the cross). If you hold this pin forward - loader's main arm would lower, if you hold pin backwards - loader's arm would raise. Right/left holding - shovel would lower/raise. I'd like to use also this pin for control of forage harvester's pipe (if there is possibility of manulal control in the future.
      Probably, devs wanted to simulate behaviour of pistons. Now, if you have it mapped to axis, you push slightly = motion is slow, if you push hard = motion is faster. But little problem is, that you must remap some experienced funcions on the joystick. Another view is, if this is similar IRL.
      I'd say mostly the oil pumps are set to constant rpm, so when you push the control lever, the piston goes by constant speed. Maybe excavators have it different, but if you rotating the plow for example, you hold the lever or button of exact circuit and plow rotates by constant speed. Tell, if I'm wrong. Probably depends on settings of exact machine.

I would assume that most of us would appreciate change of loader's control (slider features) to be possible to map it to 2 keys = by holding one key thing would move to one side / by holding opposite (other one) key, thing would move to other side. Even if the motion speed would be constant, I think it would be better than by axis control. Devs, please think about it.

- Assignment of emloyee. It's impossible to finish empoyee's assignment . You must use console command (as TheCoCe adviced above) to send worker to do some help, for now.

- I tried to send worker to cut maize and I drove tractor. I noticed, that when you reach forage harvester, you must always set crop and confirm (click START) before trailer starts to fill. I think it's quite annoying. Mostly you leave the distance (when confirmation table for filling is active) and it dissapeares, when you close enough again table appears, but you must activate it by mouse and it delays. Sometime if you forget to active it, harvester goes and waste whole row, because trailer isn't beeing filled without confirmation.
      If possible I would cancel this. Shortly, when you reach the chaff range, trailer starts to fill without need of any confirmations.

Those are things I've noticed during my testing of last update.

Otherwise all mentioned in changelog seems go well, except those stated above.

Thanks again to devs for great job and progress. Keep up good job.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dylan81 ().

• @TheCoCe understood. But if you would like to assign just one to Jaguar and yourself drive the tractror, it reported invalid implement and you may not start task.

Maybe as you write, assign one to Jaguar, other one to tractor and you would go in second tractor. I must try it next week.

Thanks for report.

RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • Dylan81 wrote:

@TheCoCe understood. But if you would like to assign just one to Jaguar and yourself drive the tractror, it reported invalid implement and you may not start task.

Maybe as you write, assign one to Jaguar, other one to tractor and you would go in second tractor. I must try it next week.

Thanks for report.
      I have tried that but it didn’t help. I still had the problem. Every time the driver on the harvester turned around.
    • @FarmerDrew1985 you must assign your axes to one or two slots (1-10) in key bindings. For example to quick slot 1 and quick slot 2. You will then move icons which are associated with frontloader from user interface (on the right of the screen) to bottom 1 and 2 quick slots. Aftere that you can use your assigned axes.
      Is it understable. I'm not at home, so I can't look to settings how exactly the quickslots in key bindings are named.

RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • i worked it out now thankyou. i set one to 8 and one to 9 and bucket to 0. works perfect. does anyone know the speed in which your suppost to spread slurry? when i spread it it leave stripes like its missing parts. im not sure if thats just a texture thing or i need to go next to snail pace. even on first cruise control which is very slow it misses out parts. anyone had this happen and know what im doing wrong?
    • @TheCoCe well, I tried to set a multiple task as you adviced, but I was unable to add another driver (more than one). So I had to start worker's task (harvest) through console command.

RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • I understand. You did make it? I didn't.

I have a problem, that if I preset harvest - menu shows columns for transport and vice versa. Well, than I set driver add him Jaguar and Orbis and the problem is that down will appear red inscription Incorrect implement for transport (or something like that) and other driver is impossible to add.
      I'll look at it in the evening again and write what is wrong.

Or do I make something wrong?

RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • When I try to add a task for harvest, I can get the harvester set up but I can't pick a trailer to add to a tractor. Can't scale the window to pick trailer.
      Images
      • agm_20171016_085140_02.png

326.11 kB, 1,440×900, viewed 523 times
      UserBenchmarks: Game 93%, Desk 73%, Work 82%
      CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - 75.2%
      GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 - 104.2%
      SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB - 64.8%
      HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2016) - 106.1%
      RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 2133 C15 2x8GB - 77.7%
      MBD: MSI A320M GAMING PRO (MS-7A39)
      :thumbsup:
    • So when I click add driver, nothing happens. Never mind. Maybe there is something wrong on my side. I've even reinstalled game and deleted saves.
      We'll see.
      Thanks anyway.

Edit: I found out the way. I didn't see that you can roll down the added drivers by wheel.

So finally I made it. But the AI isn't still good. Jaguar went to field and Axion went slowly to the field and stopped in the field and nothing more.
      I had to dissmis all my staff, respawn tractros and trailers. And after last trailer's respawn game crashed :)

RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dylan81 ().