Memory leakage

• Memory leakage

So I finally got around to playing the latest update. After several hours of testing I can say that there most likely is some sort of memory leakage, and it's not really bad buut it affects performance a lot, it went from 1500 mb ram to 2050 mb ram over a time period of about 23 hours more or less. It also caused the fps to go from 60 fps all the way down to 10-20 fps.

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
  • So I went ahead and performed a test. Scenario: Started a brand new savegame, bought 2 Arion 940's, 8 HAWE Trailer's and the Jaguar with header.

So I forgot to take a screenshot but after buying all that stuff I was at 1800 mb ram usage in the game, fps was at 45ish and cpu usage for the game was 37%(according to cam and windows task manager). I went ahead and started harvesting and filling up each trailer, every time one got full, I sent the worker away, called another one and then tabbed over to the full tractor and disconnected the trailer and hooked another one up to that tractor.

At the end I was had 8 full trailers hanging around at the farm, my ram usage was now at 2070 mb, I had below 13 fps and my cpu usage was still at 37%, although in game is was near 90% according to the ingame measuring tool.

I then proceeded to dump every single trailers load into the silo pit and when I was done nothing had changed, my ram usage stayed at 2050, fps was below 13 and my real cpu usage was 37% while ingame I was near 95%.

I have provided some screens below to show before and and after emptying the trailers(I wasn't quick enough with my snap shot tool to catch the 37% cpu ) and I attached the debug log.

Edit: I saved the game before exiting and decided to load it now for the sake of seeing if it could load and it actually loaded and what's more, my memory usage is now at 1390 mb, my fps is at a stable 58-60 and cpu usage is at 34%. So yeah memory leakage. Hopefully you'll be able to fix this problem @masterbrain :)

Another small edit: I did some more fiddling around and harvested the rest of field 11, which caused me memory and fps performance to drop again, I then proceeded to sell the trailers and buy some other equipment etc and after a while(20 minutes or so) The game had unloaded a lot of the memory usage and my fps got a lot more stable. So the game is capable of "unloading" the memory load over time, just not while harvesting. I'm going to do some more testing, where I'll harvest one field and then spread slurry, plough, cultivate and reseed and then harvest the enxt field and repeat the process to see if the game can stabilize it self enough between each field. So yeah I'll report back here with my results.
    Files
    • Debug.txt

(127.31 kB, downloaded 428 times, last: )

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram

The post was edited 2 times, last by Jeytav ().