Multiplayer Tips for Dev

• Multiplayer Tips for Dev

Hello every one ,

i think one of the most important things is multiplayer.

I see update and dev release beta verison in July 2017.

Please write what you think is important for multiplayer.

I start with these tips :

- No lag in the server.

- No Ddos.

-Admin see who is on the tractor (name of the player) and the speed.

-Admin Enable / Disable chat for the player in game.

- No loading time when a new player enter inside the server.

add your tips guys i hope the dev see this thread.
    • I'm going to stick on the functionality\features and avoid topics any topics that have to do with network performance and security.

• Allow to delegate other admins.
      • Persistent parameters across sessions (e.g. is the same player was previously granted admin, if they rejoin they should still be admin)
      • Auto mod\map\whateverfileyouneedtoplayinthissession download upon joining.
      • Assuming the usual server functionalities (ban\kick)
      • Limit upload stream for the game session and downloads separately.
      • New players joining should be transparent to players currently in the session. (e.g. No "Waiting for players")
      • Modify fields \ per field
      • Limit the crop to be planted.
      • Designate equipment and actions that players have access to.
        • Purchase/lease/sell/fix equipment (financials)
        • Access to selected vehicles
        • Ability to use implements (lock out certain implements, as far as one would not be able to interact, bump or move the object)
        • Designate vehicles to players -- if you jump out there's no risk of anyone toggling to your vehicle.
        • I would go as far as giving the option to locking out fields
        • Spray/fertilize... etc
        • Sell harvest (grains, corn, silage, etc)
      • Ability to create a "to do" list in the game session so that players can "claim" a job -- helps with planning and communication.
      • Ability to mark on the problem areas as notes\warning to others in the session (map and\or GUI) -- "Careful, the entrance to this fields is quite muddy, might want to go around to the north side." My rational for this is that i'm assuming maps will change significantly from season to season and a player new to the session might not be aware of issues that developed over the lifespan of the map.
    • NocturnalAngel wrote:

I'm going to stick on the functionality\features and avoid topics any topics that have to do with network performance and security.

• Persistent parameters across sessions (e.g. is the same player was previously granted admin, if they rejoin they should still be admin)
      • New players joining should be transparent to players currently in the session. (e.g. No "Waiting for players")
        • Ability to use implements (lock out certain implements, as far as one would not be able to interact, bump or move the object)
        • Designate vehicles to players -- if you jump out there's no risk of anyone toggling to your vehicle.
        • Spray/fertilize... etc
      • Ability to create a "to do" list in the game session so that players can "claim" a job -- helps with planning and communication.
      • Ability to mark on the problem areas as notes\warning to others in the session (map and\or GUI) -- "Careful, the entrance to this fields is quite muddy, might want to go around to the north side." My rational for this is that i'm assuming maps will change significantly from season to season and a player new to the session might not be aware of issues that developed over the lifespan of the map.

I agree with all of this. The only thing I would like to make sure of on top of most of that is that we will be able to make dedicated servers.

• NocturnalAngel wrote:

I'm going to stick on the functionality\features and avoid topics any topics that have to do with network performance and security.

• Spray/fertilize... etc

I like a lot of these ideas, ive always thought that in game communication between players is poor.
      Team speak is what ive usually used for my team servers which works fine for voice but sharing google docs etc to keep the farm running effectively is painfull!
      A kind of 'Coffee break' room for multiplayer, within a barn or outbuilding, where as admin you can put up job lists specific info and leave out particular keys to vehicles etc would be good!
    • ClumsyZombie wrote:

Please Allow bans on IP and please for the love of god don;t make us buy a extra copy of the game to run a server.

Right now there is no server management in FS17 like it should have.
      Agreed! I’ve hadto buy extra copies of FS15 and FS17 to set up my server. Should havebeen made available as an extra set-up option with no need to buy aseparate copy.
      “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.”
    • Marmutts wrote:

ClumsyZombie wrote:

Please Allow bans on IP and please for the love of god don;t make us buy a extra copy of the game to run a server.

Agreed! I’ve hadto buy extra copies of FS15 and FS17 to set up my server. Should havebeen made available as an extra set-up option with no need to buy aseparate copy.
      I hate having to buy another full copy of the game to run a server. If we can't have a dedicated server for free with the copy we are playing, then maybe buy a "server edition" of the game for less than the full game price?
    • Are we getting Multiplayer?
      I generally prefer to work alone cause finding decent players who are online at the same time as me is bloody impossible so i just don't bother plus i find it hard to invest in other people's farms if i were getting paid to do it and then i could take the money back to my farm then that might motivate me to do multiplayer more. Otherwise I ain't bothered :)
    • Drelers wrote:

I like a lot of these ideas, ive always thought that in game communication between players is poor.Team speak is what ive usually used for my team servers which works fine for voice but sharing google docs etc to keep the farm running effectively is painfull!
      A kind of 'Coffee break' room for multiplayer, within a barn or outbuilding, where as admin you can put up job lists specific info and leave out particular keys to vehicles etc would be good!

Exactly!
    • JohnKalel wrote:

Are we getting Multiplayer?
      I generally prefer to work alone cause finding decent players who are online at the same time as me is bloody impossible so i just don't bother plus i find it hard to invest in other people's farms if i were getting paid to do it and then i could take the money back to my farm then that might motivate me to do multiplayer more. Otherwise I ain't bothered :)
      If you see my other post i work from october 2012 to august 2016 only with online multiplayer , as you said is very hard find good people work togheter but not impossible.
    • ClumsyZombie wrote:

IP bans are totally pointless, given most of the worlds home users of the internet are on dynamic IP's and not static IP's, so its just a case of turning your modem off then back on to get a new IP number, and even the home users who are on static IP's can often get a new IP assigned within 10mins - and that's without mentioning VPN.

at the very least they need to use a unique fixed identifier, which at the very least requires purchase of another copy of the game/new game key to circumvent a ban, as spending more money tends to modify most people behaviour.
    • i hope that move that mountain will also work in Multiplayer. (more realistic movement of goods also in trailers)

i really miss the dynamich fill plains in multiplayer in the other farming sim

and ii hope they can make a way we can host in on our own servers with outr buying a extra copy of the game (but probley we have to buy a extra copy)
    • Drelers wrote:

What a great idea, an admin just makes a to do list, assigns machines for the job, once a player enters the game he has the possibility to claim a job and get's the key for the tractor (no farming sim with the ridicilous TAB function) and get's the job done, when this is done correctly he receives some cash that he can put in his singleplayer account ^^
    • b101uk wrote:

ClumsyZombie wrote:

IP bans are totally pointless, given most of the worlds home users of the internet are on dynamic IP's and not static IP's, so its just a case of turning your modem off then back on to get a new IP number, and even the home users who are on static IP's can often get a new IP assigned within 10mins - and that's without mentioning VPN.

at the very least they need to use a unique fixed identifier, which at the very least requires purchase of another copy of the game/new game key to circumvent a ban, as spending more money tends to modify most people behaviour.
      Interseting ,

So :

I enter in a server.

I have a personal ID associate at my steam account or at cattle and crops website / forum.

If i do something bad in a self or rent server from the control panel the admin choose ban the ID temporarily or permanent.

This is a really good idea.
    • The best they can do is register steam userID as an identifier. In this way you can record everything and from there, you have plenty of things.
      • You've the ability to give the key of your tractor (must be necessary to start the engine, of course...)
      • You can save your money (you've earned) and all of that on your profile.
      • Many statistical stuff.
      • Etc, etc...
    • Just love the idea that you could make money while working for someone online.

To make a good balance perhaps a host pays 1000$ salary for a job. But the person whos doing the job gets 2000$. And why nit make it a market. Where you can invite people but you can also set up a job and put it out for people to take. Where you adjust the job, machines and payment. After the job you as a host can give points for the job that had been done (perhaps with s comment).
      You should also be able to reject unserious workers with low score.

Im soo looking forward to EA!!
    • This is my very first comment in this forum, but I would really like to add a few ideas here.

You could combine the multiplayer job system with a rating system.
      So whenever you do a task for somebody the admin can rate your work and maybe give a short review.
      When you set up a job and get something like a "letter of application" you can see his ratings and decide.

A real comment style review would may be a problem because you have to moderate and check everything so a rating system based on different categories would be better.
      Everybody gets his own "score" and you could set up jobs that can only be done by people that have a good reputation, a score of at least 75% or something.

But, as everything here, just wishes and dreams for the future. I am really looking forward to play the EA Version!
    • Italian Farm wrote:

Hola a todos ,

Creo que una de las cosas más importantes es el modo multijugador.

Veo actualización y liberación dev Edición beta en julio de 2017.

Por favor, escribe lo que cree que es importante para el modo multijugador.

Comienzo con estos consejos:

- No hay retraso en el servidor.

- No se DDoS.

-admin Ver quién está en el tractor (nombre del jugador) y la velocidad.

-admin Activar / Desactivar el chat para el jugador en el juego.

- No hay tiempo de carga cuando un nuevo jugador entrar en el interior del servidor.

añadir sus consejos chicos espero que el dev ver este hilo.
      Idears para C & C
      tengo un poco de idear para los individuos u ¿qué u hacer un mercado global en línea donde la gente puede comprar cosas / venta
      si yo quiero centrar en los cultivos que pueda hacer que, al vender mis cosechas en el mercado a un otro jugador al que le gusta hacer los animales y entonces el jugador que está haciendo una gran cantidad de animales puede vender el estiércol a las personas que les gusta hacer cultivos para el dinero otra vez

también lo que va a ser agradable es si tenemos un mapa en blanco + mapa de la ciudad
      del mapa en blanco es donde podemos construir nuestra cultivar nuestras nosotros así que si quieren hacer el ganado optimizarlo para que wanne hacen muchas de las producciones vegetales hacer un montón de tierra para cultivar en

¿Qué pasará entonces es cuando alguien se une a mi juego se acaba de descargar el mapa con mis ediciones ( mis edificios y objetos, carreteras, etc.) por lo que su apariencia el mismo para ambos jugadores.
      La ciudad va a estar en un otro mapa, ya que nosotros no podemos edición, por lo que será el mismo para todos los jugadores de todos modos.
      Se requiere que la forma en que los jugadores tienen más control sobre nuestra granja, como la creación de carreteras y la colocación de los edificios. Así, en el inicio sólo tendremos un mapa en blanco y nuestra casa a partir

ps lo siento si sueno un poco im jebrish realmente salir sobre el juego y cómo se puede desenvolver
      lo veo como asesino FS si no van a crecer con este juego i piensan que van a perder una gran cantidad de jugadores que sé que me van a perder

también i cant realmente explicar mis idears bien sé que, pero espero que el jugador + desarrolladores consiguen el punto de lo que quiero decir con mis idears
    • - Dedicated Servers.
      - Ability to enable/disable tabbing between vehicles, rather make a system where you can drive cars with passengers to reach vehicles.
      - Synchronizing in the background upon entering a server, the "Synchronizing with other players" is a really annoying feature in FS.
      - Player account (login to be able to play multiplayer).
      - Different admin levels ingame; Server Admins (change server settings ingame/buy equipment etc) and Server Operators (kick/ban/remove server password), with the possibility to add/remove admin rights for player IDs so players won't have to login as admins/operators everytime they join the server (alternative is to have a dedicated password for each admin and not a general one).
      - Auto download mods/maps upon joining a server.
      - Having a loading screen upon joining a server which the server owner can modify with text and pictures to present his/her server (listing rules for example)
    • Erectus wrote:

- Auto download mods/maps upon joining a server.
      Since we don't know how mods and maps will be handled yet, I have a suggestion how downloads may be handled.

If I have a server running at home and have 5-10 friends playing, it may possibly result in lagging for those already playing, if all mods and maps are to be downloaded from that server.

If there could be a setting in the server config for an optional location for the mod zip/rar/whatever files used, such as a dedicated webhost, they could take the hit in terms of bandwidth, instead of my poor 30mbps at home.

Example: if in the config file there's a line for
      alternative_mod_url:

I could type something like
      alternative_mod_url: http://www.olahaldorsfarm.no/mods/

And the client would automatically look there for the mods instead of making a massive load on my personal bandwidth.

Another thing would be nice and interesting would be server stats and information, which can be used on a website so the users can keep themselves updated on monitor no. 2 if they have one, on a tablet or phone, such as a live map where you can see where the players are, or perhaps what equipment they're using, how much of storage is used etc.
      Workstation: i7 5960x | 128GB RAM | GTX 1080
      HP Omen Laptop: i7 6700HQ | 16GB RAM | GTX 1070

The post was edited 2 times, last by OlaHaldor ().