Harvest Tutorial AI not functioning

• Harvest Tutorial AI not functioning

Hi,

so I've been trying new update after it got online for Linux, but I have problems with AI.

1. When you start a mission and unfold orbis with X AI doesn't follow you. It just stays on start position.
    2. I was crashing into AI tractor until he somehow decided to move with me, however he easily get's lost during chopping or it just start to make circles
    3. Call and dismiss trailer doesn't work nor in panel nor in quick actions.

Now are this only issues known? Or are they just Linux issues?
  • Reinstalled same problems. AIs are simply not working as they should. Calling trailer doesn't work. Dismissing however does work. And as I said i have to nudge them somehow weirdly to start following me. But this helps only for first vehicle. Once I harvest first field I can not get any AI to cooperate with me :/

However I captured log of my whole session right now, maybe it might help devs: pastebin.com/rtiS1Jzc
  • We will release a proper Fix in the next days, until then there's a workaround:

1. Open the Console (F11 oder Scroll-Lock)
    2. Enter $nav_debug="1"
    3. Start the mission, enter the harvester, prepare the Orbis (according to instructions on upper left) and start harvesting
    4. After a few meters on the field (when the whole harvester is on the field), switch to the tractor that is supposed to follow you (with the TAB key)
    5. Manually drive it to its next target (that yellow box on the left), so the yellow box disappears
    6. Now the AI should be able to do its job by itself: Switch back to the harvester with TAB (maybe 2x TAB) and harvest the field

• @caedes: Thx for a reply, yeah I wanted to switch off navigation debug, however I rather left it on just to see what is going on. As it turns out I made a right decision :) I tried new update already and the situation is A LOT better, but still I didn't come to an end of the mission (I got only to 80%).

So everything started okay 1st AI followed me on the field and 2nd AI went to next field already. However on the middle of first field I dismissed 1st trailer (I wanted him to empty the trailer and return). He normally went off field and gone into silo to empty the trailer. However he didn't return to first field rather he continued to second. When I saw this I immediately pressed button to call a trailer, expecting he would return, rather 2nd AI started his journey towards me. Now there came first problem: 1st and 2nd AIs came to a point where they should meet but they couldn't as their paths almost crossed. So I had to intervent going into 1st AI tractor and move it away. Once I did this 1st AI was dead two of yellow path cubes stayed on the map and I didn't get him to start working again.

Nevertheless I continued mission only with one AI and he was somehow able to follow me. After few fields he was coming back from the silo, but instead of returning to current field he already advanced to next field. Still once he stopped there, I was able to call him and he came. But the problem was his path. Most of the time he just choose direct path (over fields, trees etc.) instead of going around following the green path line. I somehow managed to chop few fields but eventually ended up, as even 2nd AI got stuck: imgup.cz/image/LSdQ

I filled the trailer on 12th field and for a moment he calculated correct path (following streets etc) however suddenly he decided he will instead go directly to silo and eventually he got stuck on this hill as you can see on photo.

Now hopefully this HEAVY writing will help you by improving AI :)

Over and out.