How about some "Meet the Devs" threads?

• How about some "Meet the Devs" threads?

So I have been thinking about a ton of different things when it comes to topics etc I would like to discuss as well as ideas for things the devs and users can do. The idea I want to share today is a way for the individual dev to talk about him/her self a bit and explain their position at the team and a few other things. Now I have been surfing around on other game forums where the devs gives the users a short desc of them selves, for some ideas as to what the general template could look like and using that information I have come up with one that I feel is reasonable. Now just to clarify the purpose of this is not to share your address, date of birth, political position etc, but more a way for the devs to share some info about well who they are.

Anyways here is the template:

What's the story of your forum name?

What is your position at MBB and what does it mean?

What are you excited about to see in CnC(optional, in case it's still a hush hush feature)

What did you do before working at MBB?

Do you have any hobbies?

Favorite game(s) that inspired you to have a career in the creation of games?

What are your favorite music, books, games and/or movies?

A random fun fact about you?

Maybe a picture of you work desk(don't worry we wont judge you if you have a messy desk ;) )

That's basically it. There is a few more but I'm not sure they are applicable atm? like: What is your favorite thing about CnC? What was the best thing to work on so far?

For the sake of it I'll give a short demonstration of how it would/could work.

What's the story of your forum name?
      The first 3 letters is taken from the first letter in my name which is J and then writing it out in the way it's pronounced, with an E instead of A, so Jey. The last 3 letters Tav is taking from Tavi which people used to call me, which is a short name for Octavia. So yeah nothing fancy there ;)

What is your position at MBB and what does it mean?
      I'm currently a user. Which means that I am both a paying customer as well as a member of the community, where I'm actively talking with other people, and doing stuff like making this thread.

What are you excited about to see in CnC(optional, in case it's still a hush hush feature)
      Really looking forward to baling and everything related to that, like driving them back to the farm, handling them with a frontloader etc.

What did you do before working at MBB?
      Well I don't work at MBB but for the sake of answering I have been working as a farmhand, worked at a used agricultural dealer, been in the navy, and other fun stuff.

Do you have any hobbies?
      A few, the 2 main hobbies is playing games and moderating forums and chats. I also like to work in my garden as well as other stuff, like creating stuff.

Favorite game(s) that inspired you to have a career in the creation of games?
      Well I'm no game dev. I have however tried to make mods as well as dabble in LUA scripts etc which I was inspired to do by The elder scrolls and FS.

What are your favorite music, books, games and/or movies/TV series?
      My favorite music "genre" would be Epic music(check out epicmusicVN on youtube for info). MY favorite books are all the Harry potter books and the Jurassic Park novels. There is a lot of games and well my absolute favorite the elder scrolls games Morrowind through Skyrim, I have other favorite games as like, FS, Subnautica, KSP, ETS/ATS, Medieval Engineer, the Total War games and hopefully CnC will enter that list as well in the near future. As for movies, I would say Jurassic park/world, lotr, HP 1-8, Pirates of the Caribbean and a few others.

A random fun fact about you?
      Potatoes is life!

Maybe a picture of you work desk(don't worry we wont judge you if you have a messy desk ;) )

Yeah that's basically it. It doesn't take long maybe 10 minutes and I think others wouldn't mind getting to know you guys the devs a bit better. This is also something that I believe small game companies should do, because small companies needs to reach out and get a closely nit relationship, with their users, something that a big company can never do.

In any case just thought I would throw this idea out there and I am not expecting to see anything like this being posted tomorrow(today) but wouldn't mind seeing the first around EA

Cheers

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram

The post was edited 4 times, last by Jeytav ().