Deleting profile and running the game glitch/bug

• Deleting profile and running the game glitch/bug

So I decided that I wanted to run start a new save game to make sure that the latest patch would work as it should, this however did not go as planned. After deleting my profiles folder, I launched the game and it loaded my old profile somehow(I'm guessing the game somehow makes a backup of the profile somewhere else) but that's not the problem it asked me if I wanted to start the tutorial mission but my character was now a female npc -see picture below-, I then tried to go into no clip mode(couldn't remember if it would allow me to get a look at my char from another angle) and as soon as I pressed N the game crashed, see picture below and attached zip with the crashdump.dmp as well as the errorlog.xml, also submitted the bug itself.

Char picture

Crash report

I have been able to reproduce this error several times by simple deleting the profiles folder.

The temp fix would be to delete the entire cattle and crops folder in "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\my games"
    Files

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jeytav ().

• This Problem is known and described in the Linux FAQ. Take a look there under "I've saved the game and now after starting it, it crashes", the fix should also work on Windows. The folder listed as /home/LOGINNAME/.cattle-and-crops is the 'Cattle and Crops' folder found in the 'my games' Directory on Windows:
    Linux FAQ
    As stated there you could also remove the line playerName from the engine.cfg
  • Oh nonono it's not a savegame issue like the one described there or the one the AMD users suffers from. I can easily open and play the game with that char BUT whenever I try to no clip it crashes and I have also mentioned the temporary fix for this specific issue above.

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
  • It happend ot me too, once. I also spawned like woman, but I don't know what I did before it happend.

I think deleting whole Cattle and Crops folder in My Games should help. One has to put up with creating new profile, farm name and reseting of controls, eventually graphic settings.

But it should help to restore most of crash issues. Especially save issues, or partial deleted files in My games folder.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
    GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
    RAM - 8 GB
    Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dylan81 ().